ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

USA to UK with a German Passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Speakers1990
Newly Registered
United States of America

USA to UK with a German Passport

Post by Speakers1990 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:39 am

I will be marrying my American fiancee this year and we're trying to work out the best way to move her from the USA to the UK. It seems the regular route is to just apply for a marriage visa and that is all for now. However, whilst she was born and resides in the USA she also has a German passport. I am trying to find out whether she can stay in the UK by using this German passport, thereby avoiding the costly visa application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: USA to UK with a German Passport

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:41 am

I am trying to find out whether she can stay in the UK by using this German passport,
Yes. This would be the easiest way. She can even come over now, before you marry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: USA to UK with a German Passport

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:35 am

Speakers1990 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:39 am
I will be marrying my American fiancee this year and we're trying to work out the best way to move her from the USA to the UK. It seems the regular route is to just apply for a marriage visa and that is all for now. However, whilst she was born and resides in the USA she also has a German passport. I am trying to find out whether she can stay in the UK by using this German passport, thereby avoiding the costly visa application.
Germany does not allow dual nationality under normal circumstances, best to check it's not been revoked or something.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....