ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN - Proof of Living in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

christine761
Newly Registered

Form AN - Proof of Living in the UK

Post by christine761 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:08 pm

I am a French citizen and obtained a permanent residence card over 12 months ago. I am now applying for naturalisation using the online form. In the documents section it says I need to provide:

"Proof of living in the UK for xxx
If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments, or other Government Departments indicating your presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period.

If you are an Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the past 5 years (3 years if you are married to, or the partner of, a British citizen).

If you do not have your passport, or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK."

I have been employed for the last 3 years and can provide P60s for that period. However, during the period before that I had casual employment from time to time and cannot provide P60s or employee letters. For my PR application I provided bank statements for one month of every year during this period (in accordance with the guidance). However, the final sentence above states that bank statements and household bills are not acceptable. I cannot find any guidance on other acceptable documents. I do have SA302s for these years showing income from casual employment - would these be acceptable?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

dannrw
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: Form AN - Proof of Living in the UK

Post by dannrw » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:53 am

Hi Christine.

I have exactly the same problem. EEA citizen (Germany), have the permanent residence card (permanent citizen status since 2014) and trying now to apply for naturalisation and passport.

Stumbling over exactly the same line as you with bank statement, utility bills not accepted (which were fine for the permanent residence status though). Only been employed properly over the past 2 years and no "governmental" documents for the 3 years before. Also no landlord docs as I was living for free at my girlfriends place who is british.

Did you get any advice on your question what alternative evidence of residence can be provided? Or anyone else here able to advice?

Many thanks,
Dan

christine761
Newly Registered

Post by christine761 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:26 pm

Hi Dan, in the end I supplied letters from HMRC, SA302s and letters from the NHS regarding hospital appointments. I understand this type of document is the next best evidence. However, I haven't received the results of my application yet.

Babington
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Babington » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Hello there

Hope your application was successful? I have a gap in employment between July and August and then September - October (I did few days of temping in those months). I was not registered with Job Centre during that time because I was looking for job on my own. For PR Home Office accepted evidence in a form of interview invitations etc and granted my PR. However now I am applying for citizenship and I have only managed to find one NHS letter and couple of more letters from HMRC that I have received during that period.

I am interested to hear if you succeeded in your application - could you please advise?

Thanks

wonderer98
Poland

Post by wonderer98 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:07 pm

to a guy from PL - this might be relevant: eea-route-applications/joining-a-parnte ... l#p1709920