ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sample letter to MP to expedite the application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

babo123
Newly Registered

Sample letter to MP to expedite the application

Post by babo123 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi there,

Can you please share a sample letter/request letter to MP to expedite the pending application.?

Thanks

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Re: Sample letter to MP to expedite the application

Post by annoyedatukba » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi there,

There is no sample letter or standard format.

You can contact your local email and get a correspondence address or email.All that they will ask you to for is your Name, date of birth, home office reference number and date of application.

They will chase home office and get back to you with the outcome. Good luck

Starwar999
inactive
Egypt

Post by Starwar999 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:03 pm

I have seen many go to MP to chase home office, did it ever work?
Because every time the HO answer seem to be the same which they can’t give date or information

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:05 pm

Looking at the cases people shared on this forum, there seems to be no relationship between MP's contact and decision making times.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 pm

You are right it is quite difficult to pinpoint whether or not a letter to an MP has made any difference.

I speak from my experience, when I say that when I contacted my MP I did get my approval, then again it could be a complete coincidence.

N.B. I tried to send you a private message and I couldn't find a long to do so, do you have this feature disabled?
Starwar999 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:03 pm
I have seen many go to MP to chase home office, did it ever work?
Because every time the HO answer seem to be the same which they can’t give date or information

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:05 pm

Sadly, you are right. I ti s quite difficult if any inquiry whether through and MP makes any difference. As I've said many times before the HO marches to the beat of their own drum.
marcnath wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:05 pm
Looking at the cases people shared on this forum, there seems to be no relationship between MP's contact and decision making times.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:59 am

annoyedatukba wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:05 pm
Sadly, you are right. I ti s quite difficult if any inquiry whether through and MP makes any difference. As I've said many times before the HO marches to the beat of their own drum.
marcnath wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:05 pm
I once heard from a immigration barrister that when an MP is involved it flags up on home office system that MP is involved in the case.

nali78
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nali78 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:35 pm

I personally suggest to everyone that never contact your local Mp to chase home office for your application process and I really appreciate all MPs the contact immediately to Home office for your application but it’s doesn’t work Home office never give time frame to mps or applicants just wait the only thing. Thank you