ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Work Permit Holder - Dependant Visa for Husband

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

2018Wealthy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Tier 2 Work Permit Holder - Dependant Visa for Husband

Post by 2018Wealthy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been on my Tier 2 work permit for 4 and a half years now. At the time of my application, an A-Rated sponsor letter to show that my employer would be responsible for maintenance for myself and my daughter was included.

I am now getting married next month and my husband is in Nigeria. I would be looking for him to join me as soon as we got married and was wondering if another A-rated sponsor maintenance letter from my employer would still be valid and accepted as proof of maintenance/funds for him.

Please advise.

Thank you

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 Work Permit Holder - Dependant Visa for Husband

Post by sah10406 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:26 pm

2018Wealthy wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:13 pm
I am now getting married next month and my husband is in Nigeria. I would be looking for him to join me as soon as we got married and was wondering if another A-rated sponsor maintenance letter from my employer would still be valid and accepted as proof of maintenance/funds for him.
That provision is in the Immigration Rules, Appendix E, paragraph (i). It is for all Tier 2 or Tier 5 dependants, not just for children.

See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... m-migrants
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

2018Wealthy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by 2018Wealthy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Thank you for your response.
To be clear please, are you saying the letter that was issued previously would still be relevant in this case? It is a bit unclear to me as this is another application for a new dependant.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:41 pm

2018Wealthy wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:24 pm
To be clear please, are you saying the letter that was issued previously would still be relevant in this case? It is a bit unclear to me as this is another application for a new dependant.
Did you look at that paragraph in Appendix E that I referred you to in my previous answer? Would the letter your daughter used in her application four years ago meet paragraph (i)(3) b i ?

b. ... a letter from the sponsor which includes:
i. the applicant’s name,
ii. the sponsor’s name and logo, and
iii. details of any limit on the level of the undertaking provided.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

2018Wealthy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by 2018Wealthy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:41 pm

Ok thank you very much.
I completely missed it the last time but i get it now.
Thanks for your help