ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent 2nd interview call

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nickonline9
Newly Registered

unable to attend the home office visit twice please help

Post by nickonline9 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:35 am

I am on tier 1 entrepreneur visa 200k route. I applied for my extension on 24th Feb 2017. Got complex letter on 24th March.

i received an email from home office on tuesday by 3pm and within two minutes i received a call. The officer asked me if i read the email which i obviously hadn't so i said no. She then said that she wanted to visit my office the next day at 11am but i was out of town and i specified that to her. She then asked me when can i attend the meeting and i said how about friday? She replied that she was busy and she can do it only in the week commencing on 16th october. I said thats ok with me on this she said that do u understand that this will increase the processing time of your visa and i said yes i understand that. I said that i will speak to my clients and try to rearrange the meeting and confirm if i can make it on wednesday. I asked her by what time can i confirm her and she said call me by 7pm on tuesday. I however confirmed that i can't make it on wednesday by 5pm to her and she was ok. In addition to this she said that she will definitely do the meeting in the week commencing on 16th october but will confirm the exact date by friday this week. I said ok.

Today all of sudden i received a call from my partner around 5pm asking me to check my email (he has access to my email so he had checked my email from home office). I saw that i had an email from another officer stating that she has been asked to visit my office tomorrow at 10.30am. Only because the first officer said that the visit will be only in the week commencing on 16th october i changed my plans and arranged a few more business meeting with my overseas clients and didn't go back to london. I had no idea that anyone else will plan a visit on friday neither did the first officer say anything likewise to me. i have emailed (5.20pm) the second officer the conversation i had with first officer and explained her that i can't come back till tomorrow morning because of my commitments. i did not receive any reply from second officer yet.

Anyone has any idea that what will happen now as i m about to miss two interviews in three days time.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: unable to attend the home office visit twice please help

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:12 am

You can try to explain them the situation with some documented proof of the meetings and the reason your outside london.
If you have the conversation with the first officer I assume you should be fine. You can CC that to the second officer too.

Its quite odd for two officers to contact one person. You mentioned about your partner so I assume you applied as a team. Are you sure that second officer did not try to contact your partner for an interview as you said you both have access to the email so I assume its a joint email address?

Goodluck!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:43 am

business meeting with my overseas clients and didn't go back to london
Are you overseas ?

While HO has the right to even turn up unannounced, they would not be able to use your absence as a reason for rejection.

However, as the office mentioned, it may further delay the application so if I was in your place, I would have rescheduled the customer meetings and got back. (Most customers would understand)

Anyway, good luck.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:38 am

marcnath wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:43 am
Are you overseas ?

While HO has the right to even turn up unannounced, they would not be able to use your absence as a reason for rejection.

However, as the office mentioned, it may further delay the application so if I was in your place, I would have rescheduled the customer meetings and got back. (Most customers would understand)

Anyway, good luck.
They do not have right to visit unannounced and take interviews, they can only turn unannounced if you are doing something not allowed in your visa conditions.

Hope145

Post by Hope145 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:38 pm

teddybear79 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:38 am
marcnath wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:43 am
Are you overseas ?

Anyway, good luck.
They do not have right to visit unannounced and take interviews, they can only turn unannounced if you are doing something not allowed in your visa conditions.
This is ludicrous! Are we criminals? HO has no right to disrupt my business by appearing unannounced.
I will not reschedule pre-arranged important client meetings because of HO. Meeting has to be fixed at my earliest availability so long as I have genuine reasons. We are entrepreneurs for crying out loud. Why can't we be bold, we shouldn't be begging. I would cc'd all parties in the email to advise my availability as per previous correspondence. We have a business to run and shouldn't halt our business cos of HO visit.

tier1appext
Newly Registered
India

Post by tier1appext » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:12 pm

I agree what you are saying. I initiated a topic few days back saying the same thing but one of the admin restricted my topic. I requested everyone to take some action.

We can see BBC news now they have highlighted the problems being faced by people are are waiting for long time.

Some people here say, No , dont do anything, I agree, we are not criminals. We are educated people, adding value to their economy and we have right to speak and ask.

BE BOLD AND Keep doing complaints against HO. BBC highlighted it. Send emails to other news channels and People in Parliament. Do whatever you can do in your capacity. Its our legit right.

tierloop

Post by tierloop » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:01 am

nickonline9 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:35 am
I am on tier 1 entrepreneur visa 200k route. I applied for my extension on 24th Feb 2017. Got complex letter on 24th March.

i received an email from home office on tuesday by 3pm and within two minutes i received a call. The officer asked me if i read the email which i obviously hadn't so i said no. She then said that she wanted to visit my office the next day at 11am but i was out of town and i specified that to her. She then asked me when can i attend the meeting and i said how about friday? She replied that she was busy and she can do it only in the week commencing on 16th october. I said thats ok with me on this she said that do u understand that this will increase the processing time of your visa and i said yes i understand that. I said that i will speak to my clients and try to rearrange the meeting and confirm if i can make it on wednesday. I asked her by what time can i confirm her and she said call me by 7pm on tuesday. I however confirmed that i can't make it on wednesday by 5pm to her and she was ok. In addition to this she said that she will definitely do the meeting in the week commencing on 16th october but will confirm the exact date by friday this week. I said ok.

Today all of sudden i received a call from my partner around 5pm asking me to check my email (he has access to my email so he had checked my email from home office). I saw that i had an email from another officer stating that she has been asked to visit my office tomorrow at 10.30am. Only because the first officer said that the visit will be only in the week commencing on 16th october i changed my plans and arranged a few more business meeting with my overseas clients and didn't go back to london. I had no idea that anyone else will plan a visit on friday neither did the first officer say anything likewise to me. i have emailed (5.20pm) the second officer the conversation i had with first officer and explained her that i can't come back till tomorrow morning because of my commitments. i did not receive any reply from second officer yet.

Anyone has any idea that what will happen now as i m about to miss two interviews in three days time.
Anyone showed up on Friday for interview or they postponed it? Did you send any documented proof for your absence?

nickonline9
Newly Registered

urgent 2nd interview call

Post by nickonline9 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:01 pm

I have applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa on 24th feb 2017.
Then i received email on 1st october for interview. I gaveinterview on 9th of october 2017 for 2 hours in my office. In my opinion it was good interview. i sent extra documents which they wanted after 3 to 4 days.

Yesterday i got partial payment back in my bank and today i received one more email saying they wanna conduct interview. i m shocked and surprise to see it as i was not expecting this. I m six month pregnant and can't take any stress now. after investing more than 250k to uk i m going through this.
i really don't know that they sent email by mistake or they really mean it.

mohsensari

Re: urgent 2nd interview call

Post by mohsensari » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:15 pm

have they mentioned where and when the interview will takes place?

nickonline9
Newly Registered

Post by nickonline9 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Interview Hub
Work, Study, Premium (WSP)
UK Visas and Immigration
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

23rd march.

Momi

Post by Momi » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:54 pm

It's a postal address and not a physical address.
Where you base?

nickonline9
Newly Registered

Post by nickonline9 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:18 pm

sorry my mind not working
the address is
UKVA, 66 wilson street, EC2A2BT

Momi

Post by Momi » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:21 pm

nickonline9 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:18 pm
sorry my mind not working
the address is
UKVA, 66 wilson street, EC2A2BT
There must be something to contact them.
I would say that you send them a copy of 1st 3 pages of green book and previous email you received from compliance officer.

miumiuuk

Post by miumiuuk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:06 pm

there is 50%: they made a mistake, the wrong email sent.If you can't find details contents of the email, it might just error of their system.

another 50%, you may need a 2nd interview, few people have had their 2nd interviews before.

Home Office is really crazy now, they will do anything to decrease the figures of immigrants. No consequences even they make wrongly refusals.

amit8910
India

Post by amit8910 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:10 pm

UKVI are taking two or three interview of some of applicants.

tarun_shreeji

Post by tarun_shreeji » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:25 am

nickonline9 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:01 pm
I have applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa on 24th feb 2017.
Then i received email on 1st october for interview. I gaveinterview on 9th of october 2017 for 2 hours in my office. In my opinion it was good interview. i sent extra documents which they wanted after 3 to 4 days.

Yesterday i got partial payment back in my bank and today i received one more email saying they wanna conduct interview. i m shocked and surprise to see it as i was not expecting this. I m six month pregnant and can't take any stress now. after investing more than 250k to uk i m going through this.
i really don't know that they sent email by mistake or they really mean it.

Hello,

Please update your second interview details ?
Nqf level 4 business

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:11 am

miumiuuk wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Home Office is really crazy now, they will do anything to decrease the figures of immigrants. No consequences even they make wrongly refusals.
If you spend time on the T1E forum you will see plenty of anecdotal examples of if not either clear abuse of the route clear cases where the intention of the T1E route is not remotely achieved. And on the flipside if you are a bigger time entrepreneur (e.g. a tech company with millions of VC investment and 40 Employees) THE ROUTE DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU.

Everytime you see someone leaving the business or their business partner leaving the business because they got ILR LR. You know (in high likelihood) they were not genuine. (why eave a good running business because you got ILR?)

(this is not aimed at any singular person)

miumiuuk

Post by miumiuuk » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:18 pm

seasky wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:11 am
miumiuuk wrote:

If you spend time on the T1E forum you will see plenty of anecdotal examples of if not either clear abuse of the route clear cases where the intention of the T1E route is not remotely achieved. And on the flipside if you are a bigger time entrepreneur (e.g. a tech company with millions of VC investment and 40 Employees) THE ROUTE DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU.

Everytime you see someone leaving the business or their business partner leaving the business because they got ILR LR. You know (in high likelihood) they were not genuine. (why eave a good running business because you got ILR?)

Your logic is really strange to me. Have you ever considered "a White Skin British who set up a company in 20xx and closed it and left in 2018" was not a genuine entrepreneur? (millions of cases/examples out there )
If not, on what grounds you can accuse T1e holders who did the same were false entrepreneurs?

NO EXCUSES.Home office delay t1e visas over a year and loads of wrong refusals, they should be blamed, not the entrepreneurs.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:57 pm

miumiuuk wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:18 pm
seasky wrote:
miumiuuk wrote:

Your logic is really strange to me.
That is fine a good debate, along the lines of freedom of speech we so love here in the UK is a fine thing, as long as it is not personal of course

Have you ever considered "a White Skin British who set up a company in 20xx and closed it and left in 2018" was not a genuine entrepreneur? (millions of cases/examples out there )
please do not insert race into this discussion, it has nothing to do with it, you should know better. If your main purpose to use the T1e route is "you have no other good UK visa routes AND you do not take entrepreneurship seriously e.g. you do the absolute minimum in amount of job creation and job pay, AND drop your business once you have ILR then no clearly in my mind you are not an entrepreneur" BTW there are certainly T1e for visa only people who fell in love with what they do and took it seriously, you are an entrepreneur
If not, on what grounds you can accuse T1e holders who did the same were false entrepreneurs?

NO EXCUSES.Home office delay t1e visas over a year and loads of wrong refusals, they should be blamed, not the entrepreneurs.
Government/HO is definitely mismanaging the route, the rules should be much stronger on defining entrepreneurship UKVI, a bureaucracy, is fighting in a bureaucratic way with long delays, which is very unfair to the real entrepreneurs, look at this forum from the beginning in the old days decisions were done very fast. My initial application in 2011 2-3 weeks

miumiuuk

Post by miumiuuk » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:29 pm

seasky wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:57 pm
miumiuuk wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:18 pm
seasky wrote:
miumiuuk wrote:

Your logic is really strange to me.
That is fine a good debate, along the lines of freedom of speech we so love here in the UK is a fine thing, as long as it is not personal of course

Have you ever considered "a White Skin British who set up a company in 20xx and closed it and left in 2018" was not a genuine entrepreneur? (millions of cases/examples out there )
please do not insert race into this discussion, it has nothing to do with it, you should know better. If your main purpose to use the T1e route is "you have no other good UK visa routes AND you do not take entrepreneurship seriously e.g. you do the absolute minimum in amount of job creation and job pay, AND drop your business once you have ILR then no clearly in my mind you are not an entrepreneur" BTW there are certainly T1e for visa only people who fell in love with what they do and took it seriously, you are an entrepreneur

Government/HO is definitely mismanaging the route, the rules should be much stronger on defining entrepreneurship UKVI, a bureaucracy, is fighting in a bureaucratic way with long delays, which is very unfair to the real entrepreneurs, look at this forum from the beginning in the old days decisions were done very fast. My initial application in 2011 2-3 weeks

None of your replies is stick to the point and questions. There is NO race issue here if you think we (British entrepreneurs or other nationalities') are the same and equal.

Your initial visa was approved within 2-3 weeks in 2011. which just only proves, it WAS fast.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:44 pm

miumiuuk wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:29 pm

None of your replies is stick to the point and questions. There is NO race issue here if you think we (British entrepreneurs or other nationalities') are the same and equal.

Your initial visa was approved within 2-3 weeks in 2011. which just only proves, it WAS fast.
You raised the race issue, I have no idea why you would do that. you should stop digging your hole and not mention race anymore.

My understanding is that in 2011 the T1Es were in the 100s by far the vast majority wanted to open a business in the UK and that was the right route. Today it has jumped by over an order of magnitude and many are doing it because they have no other visa routes. The HO did set back then some minimal criteria (as bureaucracies do) but did not foresee the abuse that would come

Let me ask your learned opinion. A t1e opens a business, makes jobs for the exact minimum needed for points. Then fires the employees (not needed for points any more) till after extension. Then hires again the minimum for ILR the fires them (basically applies for ILR with a "running" business with no employees). Is she a genuine entrepreneur in your mind?

Are you aware of British citizens who opened businesses and hire employees "just for the sake of it" fire them wait 9-15 months hire again for exactly one year and fire them?

miumiuuk

Post by miumiuuk » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:58 pm

seasky wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:44 pm
miumiuuk wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:29 pm

You raised the race issue, I have no idea why you would do that. you should stop digging your hole and not mention race anymore.

My understanding is that in 2011 the T1Es were in the 100s by far the vast majority wanted to open a business in the UK and that was the right route. Today it has jumped by over an order of magnitude and many are doing it because they have no other visa routes. The HO did set back then some minimal criteria (as bureaucracies do) but did not foresee the abuse that would come

Let me ask your learned opinion. A t1e opens a business, makes jobs for the exact minimum needed for points. Then fires the employees (not needed for points any more) till after extension. Then hires again the minimum for ILR the fires them (basically applies for ILR with a "running" business with no employees). Is she a genuine entrepreneur in your mind?

Are you aware of British citizens who opened businesses and hire employees "just for the sake of it" fire them wait 9-15 months hire again for exactly one year and fire them?

why you accuse people fire their employees? The employees can leave the company by their own wills.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:09 pm

miumiuuk wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:58 pm

why you accuse people fire their employees? The employees can leave the company by their own wills.
Aha! the known miracle of God/Allah/Jesus/Jehova/Buddha/Elohim that both your employees leave of their "own wills" the day you reached 52X2X30 hours of employment, you did not replace them for a year during 12-15 months of extension (what the business did not need the employees that left?) and suddenly their is need for exactly 52X2X30 hours of employment after extension is granted (and miracle repeats for exactly that! of their own will!)

miumiuuk

Post by miumiuuk » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:17 pm

seasky wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:09 pm
miumiuuk wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:58 pm

Aha! the known miracle of God/Allah/Jesus/Jehova/Buddha/Elohim that both your employees leave of their "own wills" the day you reached 52X2X30 hours of employment, you did not replace them for a year during 12-15 months of extension (what the business did not need the employees that left?) and suddenly their is need for exactly 52X2X30 hours of employment after extension is granted (and miracle repeats for exactly that! of their own will!)

Your comments are really far away from my original points.
Why not? If employees feel unstable of the company because of their boss may not maintain in the UK.If you are the employee, you may leave the company as well.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Topic locked due to the OPs topic being royally hijacked now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.