ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish-Americans moving to UK for work, immigration clarification

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Wdaltonweir
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Irish-Americans moving to UK for work, immigration clarification

Post by Wdaltonweir » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:42 pm

To whom it may concern,

I am an American citizen waiting on my Irish citizenship approval and intend on living and working in the U.K. this coming year. I do not yet have an Irish passport and am wondering what the best option is for entering the U.K. Can I fly on an American passport and provide Irish citizenship papers at the border so that I can remain, or must I have an Irish passport at customs to do so?

Thank for for your time.

Aj2018
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Re: Irish-Americans moving to UK for work, immigration clarification

Post by Aj2018 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi there,

Firstly you don’t need a visa to enter the UK. However if you intend to start working straighaway, you will have two options, either to apply for a tier 2 visa or wait until you get your Irish passport which Will enable you to work freely in the UK.

Hope that helped!