ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

moan about timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

twgal

moan about timeline

Post by twgal » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:22 am

Hi, it appears that most people who applied in January for naturalisation were already approved (not only online applications, but also NCS ones or post ones). And now some people who applied in February got their approval.

I'm starting to worry about our applications made on the 3rd of Jan... two AN parents + one MN1 section 3(1) child. Our applications are straightforward, all three of us EEA citizens with PR cards, both of us have been employed continuously with no employment gaps, no absences apart from short holidaya. All 3 of us have lived here for almost 7 years now. Squeaky clean police records. The only thing that's "different" is that we all have dual citizenship already (EEA + Canada), but all three countries accept multiple so that shouldn't be an issue.

Is there any way to make HO tell us whether they have all info that they need? They have not replied to my email.

I saw reports on here that some people were sent requests from HO for more information, but they never received the requests. Or that the approval letter got lost in the mail.

I can't stand this low level anxiety, I don't want us to lose almost £4000...

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: moan about timeline

Post by plabo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:44 am

twgal wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:22 am
Hi, it appears that most people who applied in January for naturalisation were already approved (not only online applications, but also NCS ones or post ones). And now some people who applied in February got their approval.

I'm starting to worry about our applications made on the 3rd of Jan... two AN parents + one MN1 section 3(1) child. Our applications are straightforward, all three of us EEA citizens with PR cards, both of us have been employed continuously with no employment gaps, no absences apart from short holidaya. All 3 of us have lived here for almost 7 years now. Squeaky clean police records. The only thing that's "different" is that we all have dual citizenship already (EEA + Canada), but all three countries accept multiple so that shouldn't be an issue.

Is there any way to make HO tell us whether they have all info that they need? They have not replied to my email.

I saw reports on here that some people were sent requests from HO for more information, but they never received the requests. Or that the approval letter got lost in the mail.

I can't stand this low level anxiety, I don't want us to lose almost £4000...
Stay calm. Every case is different and every case worker takes his/her own sweet time.

The maximum time to get a decision is 6 months. People have invested much much more than £4000 in visa renewal and IHS fees each year to reach this stage. Unfortunately, no one can push or ask the HO in this regard.

You will have to wait.

twgal

Post by twgal » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:03 am

I know... but don't understand why they don't re-activate that online status check. All it needs to say - we have your application and all documents needed to process your application. As it stands, no one can tell if perhaps you were approved and didn't get the letter or perhaps HO sent a letter to request more info but it got lost. Or maybe they sent a rejection letter and it got lost. None of these things come with Royal Mail tracking numbers, you'd think £1282 covers special delivery...

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:48 am

I applied in August and still waiting :) - it's very hard to just keep calm and have patience, but I guess that's all we can do really...