ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resident permit extension refused because of citizenship approval letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Resident permit extension refused because of citizenship approval letter

Post by broli » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:18 am

Hi Guys

I have problem my Temporary GNIB expires on the 17 April (EU3 application still pending ) , citizenship ceremony is on the 21st may.

I didn't not receive an invitation letter yet .

My company Hr is asking for a new valid permit , and i was also looking for a new job.

The Garda refuse to issue an extension , they said they can't issue more GNIB to me because i surrendered my GNIB and will be very Irish soon. (The approval letter i showed to them clearly state that the letter is not a visa )

Yet they told me they have a note on the system if the employer contact them, but they cant even write to my employer or issue anything .

Anyone has an idea ? should go back to the police and try more ?

I am trying to meet the HR department but i have no proof that i am irish citizen either.

Please guys any suggestion is welcome

Carl

dupalsky

Re: Resident permit extension refused because of citizenship approval letter

Post by dupalsky » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:55 pm

Hey man,

This is probably not what you want to hear, but the GNIB office is right in regards what they told you.

There is no way they would issue you a GNIB card when you have been approved for an Irish citizenship and you accepted it by willingly fellowing the procedure in their letter to you(sending €950, sending your GNIB card etc to them).

I play I think you have is to try to explain to your company the situation of things. Meanwhile, I am not sure why your company is requesting your GNIB card when the one they have is still valid.

About getting a new job, I would suggest you hold off on that for now. Unfortunately, there are a few things you can't do during this time(e.g traveling out of the country, changing jobs etc). Believe, I know it is really a difficult period of time, but, it is what it is and we all had/have to go through it.

Dupalsky

Ryy22
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ryy22 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:02 pm

I think I’m your situation you would need to explain to your company the situation. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:21 pm

broli wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:18 am

My company Hr is asking for a new valid permit , and i was also looking for a new job.

Seriously my company HR was annoyin me so much for my visa too ... i had 5 years visa but i neva showed her :lol: they couldn't even dismissed me bcz company needed me ..

But i wish you all the best bro n soon you will have invitation letter so don't give up
🚙...................................🚓 🚓..🚓...🚓
🇨🇮❤️🇵🇰

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:30 am

Thank you all ,

I will talke to the HR (its huge multinationale company i dont think they understand anything they surely put me on leave i dont have enough proof , i willstill try :mrgreen: ), and will try again at the garda as well

I hope i can at least work from the day i get the cert of naturalisation , if i have to stay home beyong April

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:55 pm

Update just for anyone / friends who could be in a similar situation

The HR called the GNIB here is her report to me :

Okay I just spoke to them

They said you must contact citizenship where you just got that letter from
Ask them for a letter to instruct the guards/ immigration to stamp your passport until the date of the ceremony and they will stamp it for you
They said it is easily done
Or even an email they will accept also

That will be my last update on this matter i hope some of you will find this useful.

Peace.

Ryy22
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ryy22 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:00 pm

broli wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:55 pm
Update just for anyone / friends who could be in a similar situation

The HR called the GNIB here is her report to me :

Okay I just spoke to them

They said you must contact citizenship where you just got that letter from
Ask them for a letter to instruct the guards/ immigration to stamp your passport until the date of the ceremony and they will stamp it for you
They said it is easily done
Or even an email they will accept also

That will be my last update on this matter i hope some of you will find this useful.

Peace.
Good news for you. I’m glad it’s been dealt with