ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Domestic flight in uk with no passport possible?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Monserrat

Domestic flight in uk with no passport possible?

Post by Monserrat » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:25 pm

Hello all. Please moderators if I am posting in the wrong topic section redirect.

My question is can I travel to belfast by a flight (part of the UK) with a drivers licence and resident permit without my passport.
I am on a flr fp 2.5 visa based on British husabad and child. I have no passport as I am still trying to get it back from the home office after they kept it years ago following a visa refusal. I have my visa since then but they didn't return my passport. I checked websites and I am getting varied responses. Has anyone got an experience about this?

Many thanks everyone.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Domestic flight in uk with no passport possible?

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Civil Aviation Authority!
https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Before ... mentation/

Check with your airline, some accept driving licence some don't.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:31 pm

Monserrat wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:25 pm
Hello all. Please moderators if I am posting in the wrong topic section redirect.

My question is can I travel to belfast by a flight (part of the UK) with a drivers licence and resident permit without my passport.
I am on a flr fp 2.5 visa based on British husabad and child. I have no passport as I am still trying to get it back from the home office after they kept it years ago following a visa refusal. I have my visa since then but they didn't return my passport. I checked websites and I am getting varied responses. Has anyone got an experience about this?

Many thanks everyone.
Get the ferry, they rarely check and if they do it's just an ID check. Cairnryan - Belfast or Cairnryan - Larne - bit of a trek but a wonderful drive along the A75 through Dumfriesshire and 2 hours on the boat. Probably as quick door-to-door allowing for airport checks etc....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Monserrat

Post by Monserrat » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:19 am

Alterhase58 and wanderer thank you so much for your responses. I appreciate it. 👍

Nanomey
Newly Registered

Post by Nanomey » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:58 pm

EasyJet & Flybe don’t require passports into Belfast - just make sure it’s one of the Belfast airports you fly into and not Dublin (the south!!)
Otherwise as above ferries from Hollyhead, Liverpool it cairnryan into Belfast docks or larne.
Enjoy visiting Northern Ireland :D

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:55 am

I have done Belfast Gatwick many times on easyJet (between 2013 and 2016) and all I showed was my Driving Licence, never had any problem whatsoever. It's always best to check with Airlines anyway in case rules have been changed.