ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding maintenance funds for Tier 2 Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Banwait2
Newly Registered
Canada

Regarding maintenance funds for Tier 2 Visa

Post by Banwait2 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:16 am

Hello all,

I would appreciate if anyone could give me some guidance regarding an issue I'm having with my maintenance funds for my Tier 2 Application. I'm currently being sponsored for 39000 salary, non shortage list, and a request is going to made for my COS for April.

Regarding the required maintenance funds, I had kept a continuous balance of at least 945 pounds for the months leading up to my application, but earlier this week, there were fraudulent transactions made on my Barclays account, which reduced my balance below the 945 pound threshold for 3 days. The money has since been credited back into my account, but I am quite worried because my understanding is that the balance is not supposed to fall below 945 at any time.

I called UK visas and immigration and they informed me that my options were to deposit the money back and wait 90 days, or put thru my application with a note from the bank explaining the fraudulent transactions that were not my own. However, there is no guarantee this would be accepted and it would be under the discretion of the person who approves the application.

Can anyone provide any guidance regarding this? Thank you.