ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling After PR Refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Uk2715
Ghana

Travelling After PR Refusal

Post by Uk2715 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:03 am

I was refused a PR application Dec 17,my ROR documents is valid till 2021. Please i want to know if i can travel outside the country and come back without any hassles. Is their anyway i can confirm if my immigration statue is still valid after the refusal? Pls i need some answers.

Thanks.

Uk2715
Ghana

Re: Travelling After PR Refusal

Post by Uk2715 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:32 pm

@Obie and others any input from you guys will be appropriated. Thanks

thsths

Post by thsths » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:29 pm

Your refusal note should really be explicit about your immigration status (although even that can be wrong). What are the reasons given, and would they affect your immigration status?

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:29 pm

thsths wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:29 pm
Your refusal note should really be explicit about your immigration status (although even that can be wrong). What are the reasons given, and would they affect your immigration status?
The refusal letter stated that i can reapply when i get my ex id or i gp for appeal. I think i should visit the ukba office in croydon and see if the can give me answer.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:41 am

Uk2715 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:29 pm
I think i should visit the ukba office in croydon
The UKV&I does not have a dropin and chat centre. You can't just pop by Lunar House and have a discussion about your immigration queries.

In any case, to the best of my knowledge, EEA applications are processed in Liverpool and Sheffield, while Croydon deals with UK Immigration Rules applications. There is therefore a reasonably good chance that there will be no person with knowledge of the subject matter to advice you anyway.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

thsths

Post by thsths » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:30 pm

Uk2715 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:29 pm
The refusal letter stated that i can reapply when i get my ex id or i gp for appeal. I think i should visit the ukba office in croydon and see if the can give me answer.
That sounds as if your application was refused for lack of evidence. That would mean that your current immigration application is unaffected, and you can continue as usual. However, it really depends on the details, and you should be prepared to have a look at the law and to be able to address questions if you get any.

Cam123

Post by Cam123 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:38 pm

You should be fine as retained rights should be lost if you are no longer qualified person or you acquire PR. And also if it is cancelled then you should have been communicated regarding this...