ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 eufam revoked and returned and Citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dubman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Stamp 4 eufam revoked and returned and Citizenship

Post by Dubman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi All,
I am not sure where is my boat heading to. I was married to a EU citizen. Aperantly, we are separated for long time now.

My visa was revoked because my separated wife wasn't working. It was just 6 month before my 5 years residency will be full in 2016. I applied for review and after 7 months they granted me 3 years independent visa, well, it wasn't dependent on my marriage but regarding on different circumstances, this what they said on letter.

After all these obstacles, I applied for citizenship in May 2017. After 2 months I had to go for holiday so when I informed them they send me my passport with reference number. And so then I am waiting. I haven't heard from them. Not a second letter, nothing yet.

I am not sure if anything happened to anyone like this. I don't even know if time period of revocation they count as reknockable. Do you guys know..

Please let me know if you have experienced or if you heard..

Thanks

Yebol2002
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 eufam revoked and returned and Citizenship

Post by Yebol2002 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:44 am

Please I want to know when you applied for review, is it after rovoked your stamp or when your stamp expired.

Grendels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Grendels » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:06 pm

Dubman wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:19 pm
I applied for citizenship in May 2017. After 2 months I had to go for holiday so when I informed them they send me my passport with reference number. And so then I am waiting. I haven't heard from them. Not a second letter, nothing yet.
Did they send you an acknowledgement letter? Or just return the passport with reference number? If you are wondering when they are going to reply to you with the second letter, you might find the 2017 TIMELINE thread useful to read. (Timelines only, no questions/discussion.)

From the timeline thread, it seems quite a bit of variation occurs between different people. Some people takes a couple weeks, some takes several months between first and second letters.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:48 am

that time period from the day they revoke your visa to the date they reinstate your visa with independent ground in fairness should be counted but the way they are dealing with people specially stamp 4 eu fam holder its completely in the hand of person who is working on your application.

you got two option
1) disregard the revocation and apply you may get lucky and they count it other visa you might get a letter after 1 year that your application is ineligible.
2) send eutreaty right section and citizenship office an email ask them if this period will count if they say no wait out 7 months if they say yes print out that email and send it with your application so it will be their word.

I don't see any member can tell you for sure on this board

Dubman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dubman » Wed May 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Yebol2002@ review always happen when visa is revoked. My GNIB card had full 5 years visa and it was revoked just 7 months before to be 5 years.

Grendels@ Yes, it was an acknowledged letter with my reference number on it. They send my passport to my house address as I was going for holiday that time.

Mal111@ yes, it is a very typical situation now. I contacted last December 2017 and they told me it is in initial stage and will be contacted in due time. Since then I didn't contact with them. No response from them and at this stage it's look like they are going to refuse the application.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:41 pm

u can at the same time apply for the permanent residency under eu treaty rights, in case ur naturalization takes years or refused, with that u can legally remain in ireland, u only loose the permanent residency if u move out of the county for more than 2 consecutive years.

Dubman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dubman » Thu May 17, 2018 5:23 pm

jul1 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:41 pm
u can at the same time apply for the permanent residency under eu treaty rights, in case ur naturalization takes years or refused, with that u can legally remain in ireland, u only loose the permanent residency if u move out of the county for more than 2 consecutive years.
Hi Jul1,
Thanks very much for your reply. I have already 3 years of visa. 1year already gone, so I have 2 years of visa.

Zizi1
Newly Registered

Post by Zizi1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:50 am

Just wanted to know how you went about it, when your visa was revoked and what caused it all, if you can share, I would really appreciate it

Zizi1
Newly Registered

Post by Zizi1 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:48 am

Just wanted to know how you went about it, when your visa was revoked and what caused it all, if you can share, I would really appreciate it

humtumpyr123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by humtumpyr123 » Wed May 01, 2019 11:00 am

Hello Friend,

I am on same situation , my stamp 4 visa has been revoked and they granted me Stamp 1 visa . This year I am qualified for citizenship but i don't know whether they will consider my stamp 4 revoke visa or not.

Could you please let me know what happened to your status . Did they count your revoke stamp?

Ramsz
Ireland

Post by Ramsz » Wed May 01, 2019 6:41 pm

humtumpyr123 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:00 am
Hello Friend,

I am on same situation , my stamp 4 visa has been revoked and they granted me Stamp 1 visa . This year I am qualified for citizenship but i don't know whether they will consider my stamp 4 revoke visa or not.

Could you please let me know what happened to your status . Did they count your revoke stamp?

Please I want to ask if i want to move from EU fam to stamp 1 because my work pay me more 35000 in a year is it possible to switch over pls ?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri May 03, 2019 8:56 pm

Has your relationship to your EEA national family member broken down?

Have they left the state. EU fam is a clearly higher status visa than Stamp 1.

If you want to switch you may need to apply to the deparment of Justice , and inform them about the change of your circumstances, you cannot do this at a Garda office.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

humtumpyr123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by humtumpyr123 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:59 pm

Hello Dub, we would be appreciate if you let us know whether they accept your revoke visa or not for citizenship?

Awaiting for your response.

Thanks.

Dubman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dubman » Thu May 09, 2019 7:27 am

Many of you must know by now, citizenship dept do not accept revoked visa time. Not only that if you are spouse of any EU citizen they also deduct those days where EU citizens were unemployed or simply didn't work. So you have to keep all these in mind before you make a application for citizenship.

At this stage I also learned, citizenship dept delayed on those applications those were revoked for different causes.
I hope this has answered your question.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu May 09, 2019 11:31 am

In your case, they lawfully revoked, and you sought a review of that decision. The court in Ireland has ruled that during the review process a person's stamp 4 must be extended pending the outcome, and in the end the minister granted stamp 4, so my thinking is that reconnable residence was not broken in these circumstances.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

humtumpyr123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by humtumpyr123 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:36 am

Dear Friend,

Thank you for answering our questions. Your replies will help us to take further decisions.

What do you mean by 'Citizenship dept do not accept revoked visa time' ? Is it your complete 4.5 years of Stamp 4 EUFam or the 7 months they took to grant you Stamp 1 that they didn't accept.

I would like to know whether they considered your 4.5 years of Stamp 4 EUFam ?

Finally, have you heard anything from the Citizenship Dept yet? Please explain us . Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks,

humtumpyr123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by humtumpyr123 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:37 am

Dear Dubman,

Thank you for answering our questions. Your replies will help us to take further decisions.

What do you mean by 'Citizenship dept do not accept revoked visa time' ? Is it your complete 4.5 years of Stamp 4 EUFam or the 7 months they took to grant you Stamp 1 that they didn't accept.

I would like to know whether they considered your 4.5 years of Stamp 4 EUFam ?

Finally, have you heard anything from the Citizenship Dept yet? Please explain us . Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Dubman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dubman » Thu May 16, 2019 4:53 pm

humtumpyr@ revoked visa time means day of issuing ceased visa letter to including review visa time until you receive new visa. Your days will be started count again the day you will go to GNIB to get visa Stamp to your passport.

If you are on 5 year Eufam visa and it was revoked say when you have passed 4.5 years. The days will be counted until 4.5 years. But Citizenship dept will also look into this when your wife stopped working. From your 4.5 years they Will count only those days that your wife were working. Say, withhin your 4.5 years your wife only worked 2 years, so they will count only 2 years out of your 4.5 years.

So that way they will come to a decision.

Thanks

humtumpyr123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by humtumpyr123 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:36 am

Thank you so much Dubman for responding my queries. I hope you get citizenship asap ...