ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application earliest time and NDRS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

n8net
- thin ice -

BC application earliest time and NDRS

Post by n8net » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:29 am

Hi,

I am going to help a friend with his BC application as I did exactly the same a year ago for myself and I like to. Been researching if anything has changed in the last yr, but it does not seem to have, but wanted to confirm and have some questions as well.

1) He was given his ILR on the 30th of April 2017, if so when is the earliest he can make BC application?
I know the '28 days' before that date does not apply for BC as it would for other immigration application as it is governed by different set of rules, but is there any chance of applying earlier than the 1 yr anniversary of the ILR ?

2) I used NCS and made JCAP, my friend wishes to do same so that he can travel abroad freely, but looks like this has now been replaced by NDRS with an online application. is that so ? or is NDRS something different from JCAP ?

any advice much appreciated. thanks for reading

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BC application earliest time and NDRS

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:35 am

1. No, he cannot apply earlier. Unless he is married to a British citizen, he must wait the full 12 months on ILR. As you have been through the process, you would know this.

2. Online and NDRS is quicker. Similar to JCAP yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:48 am

thanks cr001 for the quick reply.

so if I understand this correctly, with NDRS, you will in the online form and then take your docs to the NDRS center and they then give u back the docs there an then ? (similar to NCS - JCAP)

with online can u also apply for the passport on the same day?

and the application date is the date of the NDRS appointment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:51 am

so if I understand this correctly, with NDRS, you will in the online form and then take your docs to the NDRS center and they then give u back the docs there an then ? (similar to NCS - JCAP)

Correct as per my understanding. Lengthy topic on online process, link below.
british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 45440.html
Date of online submission.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:51 am

Correct as per my understanding. Lengthy topic on online process, link below.
british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 45440.html
Date of online submission.
Yes you can with an NDRS appointment otherwise, you will have make a separate application after naturalization.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:27 am

thanks all for the answers. I been reading abt these online so if my understandinfig is coorect
NCS and NDRS are exactly same except for NDRS online and NCS paper..correct ?

fees, timeslines,procedure same ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:50 am

n8net wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:27 am
thanks all for the answers. I been reading abt these online so if my understandinfig is coorect
NCS and NDRS are exactly same except for NDRS online and NCS paper..correct ? Correct

fees, timeslines,procedure same ? Not sure why you think fees would be different??? Procedure the same, timelines differ
Char (CR001 not Casa)

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:09 pm

thanks again, I meant the fees for the NCS/NDRS not the application itself.

given full 12 months has to be served for which one month is left, to guarantee prompt application after 12 months, can we book NDRS in advance ?

any1 used NDRS already?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:17 pm

n8net wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:09 pm
thanks again, I meant the fees for the NCS/NDRS not the application itself.

given full 12 months has to be served for which one month is left, to guarantee prompt application after 12 months, can we book NDRS in advance ?

any1 used NDRS already?
Yes, the fees are the same. You have to find out from the council the earliest date that you can apply bearing in mind your 12 month period.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:02 am

hi,

I am filling the form and there is a question

Knowledge of the English language

Have you met the requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013? (Required)
Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application.

my friend did meet it as aBSC degree holder for ILR...not B1, so should I say Yes or No ? I am inclided for Yes but wanted to double check..

thanks

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:33 pm

n8net wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:02 am
hi,

I am filling the form and there is a question

Knowledge of the English language

Have you met the requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013? (Required)
Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application.

my friend did meet it as aBSC degree holder for ILR...not B1, so should I say Yes or No ? I am inclided for Yes but wanted to double check..

thanks
If your friend met English language requirement as a BSc degree holder then tick yes.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:31 pm

ok thanks

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:36 am

also regarding the procedure for NDRS, may I get the following confirmed pls?

1) You fill in the application and submit online,
2) print off relevant parts such as referee pages (I hope at the end of the application it will be provided)
3) Take this as well as the following docs to the appointment
a) passport and bio card
b) Life In the UK certificate
c) Degree certificate
d*) filler paper passport form (to apply for passport at the same time)

4) Interviewer asks questions, and stamps the photocopies and return the originals
5) come home happy

anything I have missed pls ?

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:25 pm

HI,

1) You fill in the application and submit online -- Yes
2) print off relevant parts such as referee pages (I hope at the end of the application it will be provided) - Yes once you submit the online application they will give you a pdf version if Referee pages to print. You need to get the Referees sign those Referee pages. You will get separate form for each referee.
3) Take this as well as the following docs to the appointment
a) passport and bio card -- Yes
b) Life In the UK certificate -- Yes
c) Degree certificate -- Yes
d*) filler paper passport form (to apply for passport at the same time) -- Yes. You don't have to get the passport form signed by referee [only if you're using JCAP service along with NDRS) as your application for naturalisation referee are sufficient.

4) Interviewer asks questions, and stamps the photocopies and return the originals -- They dont ask any questions. They just ask you to prvide the documents mentioned in the documents checklist which will generate once you will submit your application. They will take the documents and photocopy it and will return the original EXCEPT Life in the UK test certificate. They will provide you with a photocopy of this.
5) come home happy -- That's totally up to you. You can go to coffee shop and relax for a wee bit if you want :wink:
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:56 pm

nice one TheRock. cheers.

wee bit ? loing live the scotish..lol

I basically want to make sure the docs are ready which won't be visible until I complete it which I think I can only do only in 3 days.- i.e. after April 28 (the date of ILR)

you sound like someone who have gone though this path? hav u got the BC ?
and for the 'Previous Application' are we mean to list all application made, there had been plenty..
visa extensions, Tier 1, 2...etc

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:46 pm

wee bit ? loing live the scotish..lol -- Scotland is like 2nd home :D

I basically want to make sure the docs are ready which won't be visible until I complete it which I think I can only do only in 3 days.- i.e. after April 28 (the date of ILR) -- If you share your immigration history, Gurus and senior members can guide you about document list. Documents mentioned in your previous posts are the major documents. So get them ready. get your referee details. Download the paper form and you need all the information mention on the referee page as you have to enter that online.

you sound like someone who have gone though this path? hav u got the BC ? -- just applied last week. Fingers Crossed. :roll:
and for the 'Previous Application' are we mean to list all application made, there had been plenty..
visa extensions, Tier 1, 2...etc -- Yes all the applications made in past

You also have to provide the employment details of the last 10 years. Like employer's name, start date, end date, address, job title etc.
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:35 pm

n8net wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:27 am
NCS and NDRS are exactly same except for NDRS online and NCS paper..correct ?

fees, timeslines,procedure same ?
Yes. Except that NCS will not review ur documents during your aopointment

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:37 am

ok we hv now filled the form and got the document checklist, but I hv some questions.

1) it does not ask for 'Acedemic degree cerificate' is it because I hv already proved as part of ILR.
2) How do I provde I meet the re 'I am free from immigration restirctions' the passport alone enough or do I need the letter of HO saying I hv been granted ILR
3) So, I take along with passport and Bio card all other req are met ?

also sending passport applications.

section 3. do I neeed to send all previous passport even those 5 yrs ago ?

How many photos in total I need ( 2 for referre , that is ?)

thanks

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:41 am

1. Provide your academic qualification again.

2.HO will also have this detail

3. For NCS, 1 passport pic for naturalization application as there is only 1 reference form for 2 referees. 2 passport pics for passport application if you are doing both together.

For online submission, there are 2 separete referee forms so I am guessing you need 2 passports for naturalization application and 2 passport pics for passport application if you are doing both together.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:53 pm

1) it does not ask for 'Acedemic degree cerificate' is it because I hv already proved as part of ILR. -- You should provide your academic degree certificates to prove the language requirement.
2) How do I provde I meet the re 'I am free from immigration restirctions' the passport alone enough or do I need the letter of HO saying I hv been granted ILR -- You should provide your BRP, or the passport with the ILR sticker or any other letter that prove you have Indefinite Leave to Remain.
3) So, I take along with passport and Bio card all other req are met ? -- What do you mean by this ?

also sending passport applications.

section 3. do I neeed to send all previous passport even those 5 yrs ago ? -- Yeah you have to mention all the previous passports, except the one which have been cancelled and cut on the side by a issuing authority. I submitted all my previous passport and the council guy took a photocopy and returned the passports to me.

How many photos in total I need ( 2 for referre , that is ?) -- in Total 4. 2 you have to stick on individual referee form and 2 for passport application.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed May 02, 2018 10:14 am

thanks all..application has been submitted

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu May 10, 2018 2:37 pm

what happends after NDRS submission ? do they sent ack by post ?

how long for decison ?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:02 pm

n8net wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:37 pm
what happends after NDRS submission ? do they sent ack by post ?

how long for decison ?
No they do not
They aim to respond within 6 months. Some applicants get approval from as early as 4 weeks and it takes over 6 months for some.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 am

update: my friend had his passport fees deducted (in additon to the appication fees days after the JCAP) yesterday, does it mean anything ?

I am confused as I thought, passport office only deducts fee once the applicant attends the citizenship ceremony ? It is what happened to me as well

is it not the norm nowadays ?

or does it mean citizenship approved ? but we hv not received any communication from HO. do they sent email or post ?

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:59 am

any1 pls ?