ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (PR) - No passport but need to send off application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SoonToBeBrit
Newly Registered
Netherlands

EEA (PR) - No passport but need to send off application

Post by SoonToBeBrit » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Hiya!

I'm applying for EEA (PR) and my father is my sponsor. He has DCPR as I have no experience of working since I'm now 18 but we've been in the UK since I was 8 in 2007. I've been in primary and secondary school from late 2007-2017 so that should explain why. We are Dutch citizens so it should be fairly easy.

My list of documents:
-2 Passport photos of me and one of my father.
-School letters stating attendance from 2008-2017
-Birth certificate
-His DCPR
- University stamped and headed letter stating my identity and the fact they have seen my original passport.

However my passport is under a different name, my birth certificate has my real name. That's because of some clerical mistake when renewing it and they've added my father's middle name as my surname so it looks like I am two different people.

Imagine this, this isn't my name btw.

My name originally: Jane Smith
My father's name: Albert John Smith
My passport name: Jane John

I have not included my passport since I feel like the HO would disregard that and refuse my application. I have sent it back to the NL to change it so I am without a passport as of the last 4 four months as it has gone back to NL. Instead, I have included a university stamped letter and a cover letter explaining the situation. I know the HO might still refuse my application but what do you think I should do?

secret.simon

Re: EEA (PR) - No passport but need to send off application

Post by secret.simon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Do you have a Dutch identity card with the correct name that you can use? If you do not, can you get one from the closest Dutch diplomatic mission?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

SoonToBeBrit
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: EEA (PR) - No passport but need to send off application

Post by SoonToBeBrit » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:42 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:00 pm
Do you have a Dutch identity card with the correct name that you can use? If you do not, can you get one from the closest Dutch diplomatic mission?
I could but that still takes a while especially when I don't have the time anymore. I need the document so that I can get a passport. If I could send this off to HO, it would take 6 months and naturalisation itself would take 6 months so I definitely don't have time anymore to apply for another