ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job market for 7 years C++ developer

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ghulbhai

job market for 7 years C++ developer

Post by ghulbhai » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:48 am

Hello,
Firstly, my prayers to God for all job seekers.

Im waiting for my EC and plan to come to the UK by May. I would like to know how the job market is in the UK for C++, VC++ jobs.

I have 7 years in Windows application development. What are the chances of me finding a job in UK ? I have NO java/db experience.

Please provide inputs.

Regards
Ashim

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi
I also have the same profile as yours but less years of experience.I think the market is not bad for our skillset. I am also in india and coming to uk on april 7th. I have got some 1-2 interviews scheduled.
Others who are already in UK can provide further inputs...

Happy

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: job market for 7 years C++ developer

Post by gotcha » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:34 pm

ghulbhai wrote:Hello,
Firstly, my prayers to God for all job seekers.

Im waiting for my EC and plan to come to the UK by May. I would like to know how the job market is in the UK for C++, VC++ jobs.

I have 7 years in Windows application development. What are the chances of me finding a job in UK ? I have NO java/db experience.

Please provide inputs.

Regards
Ashim
Best way is apply for vacancies from UK job sites, and judge by response you get. Do mention that in CV that, I will come to UK , if you arrange interviews.

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Re: job market for 7 years C++ developer

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:12 pm

ghulbhai wrote:Hello,
I would like to know how the job market is in the UK for C++, VC++ jobs.

Ashim
Ashim, I look for jobs in MS technlogies, however, I observed that there are quite a good number of jobs related C++ and VC++. Try following sites to get an idea.

jobsite.co.uk
monster.co.uk
jobserve.co.uk
cwjobs.co.uk

Best of Luck buddy.
Third World Traveller