ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Separation - Stamp 4 EUFAM - Civil Partnered

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seancool

Separation - Stamp 4 EUFAM - Civil Partnered

Post by seancool » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:50 am

Dear all,

I hope to get some advices in terms of my current status.

My stamp 4 EUFAM is based on civil partnership with a polish citizen since Nov 2014, so I will be having full 5 years by Nov 2019 where at a point I can apply for citizenship.

We are separating very soon, probably this will officially happen in June 2018, so we would have been living together for more than 3 years with all bills or proofs available.

According to my understanding, I can't apply for EU5 as my situation doesn't qualify their requirements for retention, neither EU3 as I will not have proofs of us living for 5 years.

We need to go for the dissolution of civil partnership and this has to be done in Ireland which will unfortunately take at least three years with proving that we live separately for 2 years, and this can't be done in Poland as civil partnership is not recognized there.

I want to know if there is anybody out there be in the same situation as I am?

What is the chance of getting citizenship?

Do I have to inform the office of this separation?

I have always been a full time employee with no criminal and social welfare record.

Thank you so much!!!!

Best regards,

joker
Ireland

Re: Separation - Stamp 4 EUFAM - Civil Partnered

Post by joker » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:09 am

You just told everyone that this civil union is just for visa purposes :D They will check his work record, it’s easy on a computer. No record, no dice

seancool

Post by seancool » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:47 am

joker wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:09 am
You just told everyone that this civil union is just for visa purposes :D They will check his work record, it’s easy on a computer. No record, no dice
What you think is absolutely not right, it is a sad moment for me as the separation is due to a third person involved, now we are peacefully arranging everything, and our relationship is still like a family as we were really committed.

He used to receive job seeker allowance for half a year, but very shortly he got a job, will this impact on my citizenship application?

I presume if we separate, my Stamp 4 EU FAM would be revoked automatically sooner or later?

What do you mean is easy on a computer?

Thank you!

Kenya021
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Kenya021 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:36 am

Hi seancool.can you help me about your situation I have a same problem right now I already let DOJ know we are separated and my spouse he doesn't work getting jobseekers allowance and I just got letter from Justice evidence of bills lease p60 p45 and lots documents. What do I need to do ?any advice ?