ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entrepreneur 5 years ILR Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nali78
Mood:
Pakistan

Entrepreneur 5 years ILR Route

Post by nali78 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:59 pm

Dear Marcnath. My question about ILR 5 years completing enterpreneur, my initial entrepreneur application had been approved on 24 February 2014. Then I applied for extension on 23 February 2017. Interview in September 2017. But still awaiting for decision. I’ve got two full time employees .My question is when I will be eligible for ILR on 5 years completing entrepreneur .Thanks in advance marcnath

marcnath

Re: Entrepreneur 5 years ILR Route

Post by marcnath » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:29 am

nali78 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:59 pm
Dear Marcnath. My question about ILR 5 years completing enterpreneur, my initial entrepreneur application had been approved on 24 February 2014. Then I applied for extension on 23 February 2017. Interview in September 2017. But still awaiting for decision. I’ve got two full time employees .My question is when I will be eligible for ILR on 5 years completing entrepreneur .Thanks in advance marcnath
You will be eligible for your ILR on 23 Feb 2019. If you are maintaining your two employees throughout until then, you should be able to apply on 26th Jan 2019 irrespective of when your extension comes through
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

nali78
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nali78 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:21 pm

Many thanks for the prompt response.its clear now I’ll keep my two employees till that time .

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:38 pm

nali78 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:21 pm
Many thanks for the prompt response.its clear now I’ll keep my two employees till that time .

If you are interviewed (which seems to be the case often now, especially when just keeping the minima) and mention that you are keeping employees for immigration purposes (not for building a viable business that helps the UK economy) a competent CW will have strong alarm bells on your genuineness

nali78
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nali78 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:52 pm

I’m totally agreed with you but if you have no immigration status in this country then how can you run your business . At the moment we are looking both our business and immigration status as well we have spent enough money and our precious time in our business .

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:50 pm

nali78 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:52 pm
I’m totally agreed with you but if you have no immigration status in this country then how can you run your business . At the moment we are looking both our business and immigration status as well we have spent enough money and our precious time in our business .
Unless you have to travel for business (which is a major fail of the "entrepreneur" route) your have full rights to continue business as usual (which hopefully is "growing your business"*) under 3C.

I am not aware business clients (from restaurant goers if you are a restaurant to FTSE10 companies if you make management decision software) that enquire about visa status. (only employers are obligated)

*wouldn't it be nice if you end up in interview (or AR....) "during my application period I am proud to say that I grew my business by XX and hired 3 more employees" etc. Much better story then getting to interview with less employees than applied for?

nali78
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nali78 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Seasky it’s very easy to say but I’m in the 14 months now and waiting for decision. feel like in the prison. my business also growing than last two years I want stress free mind to look after my business.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:59 pm

nali78 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:46 pm
Seasky it’s very easy to say but I’m in the 14 months now and waiting for decision. feel like in the prison. my business also growing than last two years I want stress free mind to look after my business.
I can't disagree with you on the stress side of things and how that affects your entrepreneurial performance.

Imagine you have opened a company that you need to travel twice a months to visit customers, suppliers, partners, investors etc suddenly your whole business comes to a halt.