ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it important to challenge HO decision (file JR) while Appeal hearing is pending?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

surajid
Newly Registered

Is it important to challenge HO decision (file JR) while Appeal hearing is pending?

Post by surajid » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi Admins/Gurus,
I entered UK in 2008 as student and switched to Tier 1 G on 2011, applied Set O (ILR) and got rejected for Tax Amendment. AR also -ve. Then stayed under FLR-FP for 4 weeks and completed 10 yrs. Then went for PEO for SET-LR. ILR not granted but HO allowed me for my right to Appeal. Appeal is filed. Now, my question is it a good (necessary) to challenge HO decision i.e. file the JR while the Appeal is pending?
Some people argues that if we don't challenge the HO decision (via JR) that means we are accepting the HO decision which will be raised by HO reps in Appeal hearing. Is it true?
Thank you
:?:

monty87

Re: Is it important to challenge HO decision (file JR) while Appeal hearing is pending?

Post by monty87 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:49 pm

Why did you have to amend your tax return? What was your explanation? The problem here is that all subsequent application will be effected if refused under general grounds of refusal previously as per immigration rules so Presenting officer, to some extent, will use this ground in appeal. If you do not challenge 322(5), you are accepting the refusal.

In my opinion, it is important to judicially challenge paragraph 322(5) in court. It may be expensive and difficult to fight at both fronts but it is worth it. It also depend on case merit and your credibility in order to be successful in appeal with or without 322(5) proceedings in the upper tribunal.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Is it important to challenge HO decision (file JR) while Appeal hearing is pending?

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:01 am

Why do you want to go for JR while you have appeal rights ??? Follow with your appeal and try to make a case for your tax amendments
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

surajid
Newly Registered

Post by surajid » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:14 pm

monty87 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:49 pm
Why did you have to amend your tax return? What was your explanation? The problem here is that all subsequent application will be effected if refused under general grounds of refusal previously as per immigration rules so Presenting officer, to some extent, will use this ground in appeal. If you do not challenge 322(5), you are accepting the refusal.

In my opinion, it is important to judicially challenge paragraph 322(5) in court. It may be expensive and difficult to fight at both fronts but it is worth it. It also depend on case merit and your credibility in order to be successful in appeal with or without 322(5) proceedings in the upper tribunal.
Thank you monty87. That’s what I think as well to challenge the 322(5). But at the same time the option from zimba88 is also makes a sense “Why JR” while “Appeal Right” is there.
This is somewhere I’m in between.

surajid
Newly Registered

Post by surajid » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:22 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:01 am
Why do you want to go for JR while you have appeal rights ??? Follow with your appeal and try to make a case for your tax amendments
Thank you zimba88. As monty87 mentioned above, some of my advisor gave the same logic to challenge the HO decision as the HO lawyer most likely raise the point that not challenging HO decision means accepting it.

doubledee
Wales

Post by doubledee » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:14 pm

surajid wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:22 pm
zimba88 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:01 am
Thank you zimba88. As monty87 mentioned above, some of my advisor gave the same logic to challenge the HO decision as the HO lawyer most likely raise the point that not challenging HO decision means accepting it.
From what I know, your LR appeal is only based on human rights considerations. As you mentioned that you are currently on FLR(FP), do you have any british children/spouse? If yes, there is a great chance of your appeal being successful on human rights grounds alone (irrespective of the tax situation).

surajid
Newly Registered

Post by surajid » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:12 pm

doubledee wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:14 pm
[quote=surajid post_id=<a href="tel:1618780">1618780</a> time=<a href="tel:1523031755">1523031755</a> user_id=138686]
[quote=zimba88 post_id=<a href="tel:1618206">1618206</a> time=<a href="tel:1522915265">1522915265</a> user_id=112850]
[/quote]

From what I know, your LR appeal is only based on human rights considerations. As you mentioned that you are currently on FLR(FP), do you have any british children/spouse? If yes, there is a great chance of your appeal being successful on human rights grounds alone (irrespective of the tax situation).
[/quote]

Thank you doubledee, none of my family members are British/EU. My 2kids are all under 3 years.
My main concern is: is there any harm on going JR while Appeal is on its way?
One solicitor suggests to file the JR while another one says I’m putting myself in danger filing the JR.
But he has no explanation on why it is danger doing so?
Very much confused!!

donny123

Post by donny123 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:53 pm

Hi Surajid, I completely understand your situation, but I will advise you to stay with appeal as zimba advised you, the reason I am telling you to stay with appeal because there is more chances to get success than judicial review and that’s not right that you have to do JR, if I am in your situation I would that.

surajid
Newly Registered

Post by surajid » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:51 pm

donny123 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:53 pm
Hi Surajid, I completely understand your situation, but I will advise you to stay with appeal as zimba advised you, the reason I am telling you to stay with appeal because there is more chances to get success than judicial review and that’s not right that you have to do JR, if I am in your situation I would that.
Thank you for your valuable suggestion donny123.