ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shifting to new office during extension application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nish_patel7

Shifting to new office during extension application

Post by nish_patel7 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:06 pm

Hello,

I have moved to a bigger office due to my business requirement and end of contract with previous one. I have got couple of question on this,
A) Do I have to inform Home Office & if yes than how to?
B) My new office is a converted office space with couple of rooms and a Garage, It suits to my need pefectly but the only problem is that its not registered as a Commercial place and therefore dont have a business address to it, so can Home Office object to it? Please not that my extension application is pending.

Thanks
Nishant

marcnath

Re: Shifting to new office during extension application

Post by marcnath » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:38 am

nish_patel7 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:06 pm
Hello,

I have moved to a bigger office due to my business requirement and end of contract with previous one. I have got couple of question on this,
A) Do I have to inform Home Office & if yes than how to?
B) My new office is a converted office space with couple of rooms and a Garage, It suits to my need pefectly but the only problem is that its not registered as a Commercial place and therefore dont have a business address to it, so can Home Office object to it? Please not that my extension application is pending.

Thanks
Nishant
A) Not required. But if you want, you can send the update to the same address you sent the application form.
B) Nothing to do with immigration rules and unlikely to cause a negative decision on its own.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ahsanalishah
Mood:

Re: Shifting to new office during extension application

Post by ahsanalishah » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:37 am

A. There is no requirement as per policy guidance to change the office. But currently home office conducting interview at business address if you informed then you don't need to change at the time of interview call. Normally the confirm with you the interview address before schedule the interview.

B. Please make sure you register your business for business rate by informing your local councils. Ho has no problem where you operating your business. only requirements is your business must have a Uk address. If you fulfill the legal requirements of doing business from home then there is no problem. Again during interiew you will be asked the the lease/ rent agreement inlcues permission to do the business and business rates letter from the councils. Currently there is exemptions limit of £15,000 of small business but you still need to get the council letter that describe the total business rates with exempt limit.