ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i apply for naturalisation without NCS Service?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iamwill
Newly Registered
Panama

Can i apply for naturalisation without NCS Service?

Post by iamwill » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 pm

Hi

I just need some help and advice here please. I recently applied for British Citizenship and simply applied on AN Paper form and without using Local NCS Service.

I believed that it was't necessary to apply thorough NCS Service as it not a mandatory requirement for this application. But since i applied 28th March 2018, i can track the my royal mail was received by UKBA on 3rd April 2018 but since than they have not even took the payment out of my card.

Please advise if i did it properly or Not? Are postal applications are allowed without NCS Services to submit? Since i have submitted all original documents (including passport and marriage certificate etc.) they should have no objection what so ever.

Anyway please advise. Thanks a lot in advance.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Can i apply for naturalisation without NCS Service?

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:46 pm

No worries. My friends also applied recently and the payment taken 2 weeks after the UKVI received the applications. Usually they are fast, don't know why they delayed in some cases recently..
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:07 am

iamwill wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 pm
Hi

I just need some help and advice here please. I recently applied for British Citizenship and simply applied on AN Paper form and without using Local NCS Service.

I believed that it was't necessary to apply thorough NCS Service as it not a mandatory requirement for this application. But since i applied 28th March 2018, i can track the my royal mail was received by UKBA on 3rd April 2018 but since than they have not even took the payment out of my card.

Please advise if i did it properly or Not? Are postal applications are allowed without NCS Services to submit? Since i have submitted all original documents (including passport and marriage certificate etc.) they should have no objection what so ever.

Anyway please advise. Thanks a lot in advance.
Monitor the naturalization timelines. It will give you a bit of insight on how complex HO operations are. They have a systematic way of being unsystematic. In a nutshell - case by case basis

iamwill
Newly Registered
Panama

Post by iamwill » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Well Thanks for your replies. My real concern was the way i applied. I mean i didn't go through NCS but simply filled up form and sent all original documents along with application. Obviously Using NCS service is to make sure the documents are verified by a legitimate government authority and you dont need to send the docs.

Please what do you say on this?

Thanks all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:31 pm

You can apply by yourself by post, or use NCS or use NDRS.

It makes no difference and none of them are the 'wrong' way to apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.