ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa free national multiple entry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

attilasomogyi
Newly Registered
Hungary

Visa free national multiple entry

Post by attilasomogyi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:58 am

Hi,
Since the embassies and consulates are everything but helpful or useful, I have to ask this simple question here.
My girlfriend is a Botswana citizen, and I am Hungarian working in the UK. She's coming in June to visit me, then we are going to Hungary and different European countries but we must return to the UK multiple times because of my job.
My questions are;
-Is she allowed to re enter UK within her 6 month visa free period if I accompany her?
-Do I have to write a letter stating we are travelling and living together?

Thank you in advance

secret.simon

Re: Visa free national multiple entry

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Your girlfriend gets no special treatment under EU law because you are accompanying her. EU law only applies to your spouse or somebody in a relationship akin to marriage that has been attested by the issuance of a Family Member Residence Card. As a girlfriend, she will be treated as any other Botswanan citizen entering/re-entering the UK.

If your job requires your presence in the UK, it may be better for her to tour Lille or any of the wonderful cities of the Benelux countries on her own, while you pop in and out of the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.