ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit forArticle 10 residence card holders

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zeeeee931
Newly Registered
Germany

EEA Family permit forArticle 10 residence card holders

Post by Zeeeee931 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Hello everyone,
I am a British citizen currently living in Germany. My unmarried partner is a non EEA national. We have a child together who is also a British National. My partner currently holds an Article 10 residence card issued by the German authorities on the base of him being the parent of a British National and the partner of a British National. We would like to travel together to visit the UK for a short time. My question is would he need to apply for a family permit first or can be travel without one? Also if he needs to apply for the family permit then which additional documents would we have to provide along the family permit application?
Thanks for your help in advance! :D

secret.simon

Re: EEA Family permit forArticle 10 residence card holders

Post by secret.simon » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Your unmarried partner should be able to travel to the UK with his Article 10 Residence Card (no need for Family Permit), if s/he is accompanied by you or s/he is traveling to meet you in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Zeeeee931
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Zeeeee931 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:01 pm

Thanks very much for your help. Do we have to take any kind of proof with us or any kind of documents to show to the border control? Thanks in advance :)

BritishExpat
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by BritishExpat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:46 pm

Hello Zeeee

Any updates from your side? Thanks