ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSBC Bank statements at PEO - share your experience

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

isu_bk
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

HSBC Bank statements at PEO - share your experience

Post by isu_bk » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi All,

Its common knowledge that HSBC do not stamp online statements, instead they offer to print them at the branch with an accompanying letter. Over the past two days I was searching to find out how these "branch printed" statements look like and what is the content of this "accompanying letter", so far no luck. I thought of starting this thread so that anyone who had used these statements can share their experience for confused users like me.

Therefore anyone who had used online statements or statements printed at a HSBC branch please let us know whether they have been accepted by staff at PEO. Also if you have been issued a letter by HSBC, please let us know the content of it.

Also if a senior member or moderator has any valuable advice, it is more than appreciated.

Many thanks for all.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: HSBC Bank statements - share your experience

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:36 pm

i also went paperless, so I requested them to post me the bank statements, and PEO accepted.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

isu_bk
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Re: HSBC Bank statements at PEO - share your experience

Post by isu_bk » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:49 pm

Thanks for the reply.
My issue is I have my appointment on 30th and my latest pay will be paid on 26th. My statements are produced on 26th. Therefore I may not receive the statement by post, before my appointment.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:43 pm

isu_bk wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:49 pm
Thanks for the reply.
My issue is I have my appointment on 30th and my latest pay will be paid on 26th. My statements are produced on 26th. Therefore I may not receive the statement by post, before my appointment.
Rebook your appointment which is free of charge before 48 hrs.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

isu_bk
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by isu_bk » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:14 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:43 pm
isu_bk wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
Rebook your appointment which is free of charge before 48 hrs.
I went to the HSBC branch and they said they can print the latest statement from the branch and it is valid. Just wondering if that is acceptable to HO. The only issue is I will only be able to see what these look like on Friday. If I try to reschedule on Friday, how much it'll cost me, given my appointment is on Monday.

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:55 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:36 pm
i also went paperless, so I requested them to post me the bank statements, and PEO accepted.
did you need a cover letter or anything or just the ones the bank sent you are fine? Thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Aussiewifeinuk3 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:55 pm
cyclina1 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:36 pm
did you need a cover letter or anything or just the ones the bank sent you are fine? Thanks
No. I didn't include any cover letter. Just the one that sent from the bank by post.

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Tue May 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Statements printed in bank branches on bank's stationery are accepted by PSC. You are getting those statements, plus a cover letter from the bank. I think you should be fine. Is there any way to get an earlier bank printed statement (before you get the one that you will be submitting to PSC) to check the contents?

K.

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Tue May 15, 2018 1:13 pm

isu_bk wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
I went same day and printed my hsbc bank statement no issue on that day but in addition i provided natwest statements as well from bank stamp i dont think so it will be a issue
Do good and get reward

isu_bk
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by isu_bk » Fri May 18, 2018 8:29 am

The letter issued by the bank says your name, account number, date account was opened and the balance as of previous business day. I also asked them to print my latest bank statement, since I was unlikely to receive it by post before the appointment. First they printed it on a regular A4 in black and white. It looked exactly like how you'd print them at home. I was not happy with that. Then I asked the person, very nicely, if she could print them in a HSBC letter headed paper. She said it wont print properly as the formatting of the bank statement will print over the HSBC logo in the letter head. However she agreed to print on the back of the HSBC letter headed paper. I think this was accepted as the guideline requires the statements to be printed on official letter headed papers. Finally my application got approved. Hope my experience will help someone who will be in the same situation.

docfever
Mood:
India

Post by docfever » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:52 pm

I am in a similar situation with HSBC.

They said they will print the statement in the bank and give a covering letter. I think a HSBC letter head is a must.

Fingers crossed.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:01 pm

I have submitted HSBC statements printed in branch for my ILR application at Solihull PSC back in 2016. No questions were asked.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:48 pm

I spoke to HSBC customer service yesterday and they said now you can download and print at home as they are pdf file which is same as they send by post and it will acceptable at psc