ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entering UK with Family Permit without spouse present

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

yesindeed
Newly Registered
Italy

Re-entering UK with Family Permit without spouse present

Post by yesindeed » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:52 am

Hello,

Me (EU-national) and my wife (non-EU) have recently moved to UK for work purposes. My wife applied and received the Family Permit and that's what she used when entering UK for the first time (we were traveling together).

In a few weeks time, she will be travelling alone to outside of UK. My question is:
Will she able to re-enter UK without me travelling with her?

I am going to be in UK at the time she travels back, though we might not have an official proof of address/residence at that time.

On a side note, her Family Permit states multiple entry.

On a second side note, she also has a UK tourist visa as well (received way before the Family Permit and our decision to move here permanently). I suppose in the worst case, she should be able to enter with that, though I'm not sure if it's going to be necessary at all.

Thanks!

vinny

Re: Re-entering UK with Family Permit without spouse present

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:21 pm

There's no problem, if she's joining you in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.