ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Date of Birth discrepency

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mamad786
Newly Registered

Citizenship confusion

Post by Mamad786 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:54 am

I was born in the UK and I have a brittish birth certificate. I have a Malawi passport with a different date of birth.
My family members had registered for school, dentist and GP with my UK birth certificate. All my financials are with UK birth certificate. My ILR has been approved but I'm not sure if I want to apply for citizenship as the date descripencies.
What should I do?
Urgency required please*****

vinny

Re: Citizenship confusion

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:03 am

When were you born?
What were your parents’ UK immigration status at the time of your birth?
Did you spend your first ten years since birth in the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mamad786
Newly Registered

Post by Mamad786 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:23 am

I was born in 1993, my parents where foreigner at the time.
I moved here when I as 9.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:43 pm

If your either of your parents were settled at the time of your birth and you didn't spend the initial ten years in the UK, then your birth in the UK doesn't help you.

You may naturalise under Section 6(1).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Mamad786
Newly Registered

Post by Mamad786 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:47 pm

If I apply for citizenship with the incorrect dates won't that be a problem?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:01 am

Why was there a mismatch in your date of birth?

You should correct the date of birth first. It should be consistent with your birth certificate.

Mamad786
Newly Registered

Post by Mamad786 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:09 am

There has always been a mismatch by 2 months. It also say in my Malawi passport I was born there.
Malawi has refused to rectify the passport.

Mamad786
Newly Registered

Citizenship Date of Birth discrepency

Post by Mamad786 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:31 pm

I was born in the UK and I have a brittish birth certificate. I have a Malawi passport with a different date of birth since i moved to UK.
My family members had registeredme for school, dentist and GP with my UK birth certificate. All my financials are with UK birth certificate. My ILR has been approved but I'm not sure if I want to apply for citizenship as the date descripencies.
I have been in the UK since 9 and now i have understood that this is big problem.
Malawi have refused to amend my passport as it states i was born there.
I am really scared that i will be taken as deception if i try to explain this matter as when all this happened i was a minor. Recently i went to renew my passports before applying for ILR.
If i apply as it is then the details will come up on the UKBA system and HMRC which can lead for me to be in deep trouble.
Is there any advice people can give me?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship Date of Birth discrepency

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Topics Merged (click)

No need to start new topics with the same question when you are already receiving advice!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:56 pm

But why is there a discrepancy in the dates? Who messed up, and which one is the correct date?

Also: You say you were born in the UK, but also that you moved here when you were 9. Does this mean you left the UK after your birth and then came back at age 9?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:06 pm

Very strange. Where did Malawi passport get your birthdate from, if not from the UK Birth certificate?

Mamad786
Newly Registered

Post by Mamad786 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:44 pm

I left the UK after birth and came back at the age of 9.
In Malawi they made a mistake and they are not willing to change it. Before they used to use pen to write on paper and it was misprinted when they started using printers.
The correct date if birth is on my birth certificate.

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Tue May 01, 2018 10:04 am

(Just checking: Were your parents settled in the UK when you were born? Did they have ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain)?

If so, you might be a British citizen already, and wouldn't have to pay for naturalisation. )

Is there really no way to change the Malawi passport? That seems odd, surely there must be some process to correct errors? (But I don't know what the process is.) Have you tried contacting the embassy/consultate/high commission?

Mamad786
Newly Registered

Post by Mamad786 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:52 pm

When I was born both of my parents where foreign. I contacted the embassy in the UK and was told to go back to Malawi to rectify it. I did go to Malawi 4 years ago but they refused to do so. I will probably have to go back in the future to get this matter resolved.

COOL_DUDE1980
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by COOL_DUDE1980 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:20 pm

I Had the same problem years ago and I applied for citizenship without rectifying my passport.

Home Office found out because my driving license and tax records had different dob and different place of birth on my driving license.London instead of Lilongwe.

I was refused citizenship, my ILR was revoked due to deception as I had 2 different identities.
I was charged and sentenced to custodial sentence for deception and deported back to Malawi.

In Malawi you can get your passport changed I found out the long hard way and it’s quite a simple process. You should go back to Malawi and get your passport rectified before applying for Citizenship as they will definitely find out your discrepancy of dob aNd land you in huge trouble.

Get it rectified with letter of confirmation from Malawian authorities before applying.

Good luck...!!

Mamad786
Newly Registered

Post by Mamad786 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:51 am

Cool_dude1980 really sorry to hear about your case. I have just had my ILR approved in December 2017 and the card expires in 31/12/2024. I'm scared to even extend my ILR brp card when it comes the expiry. I am not sure what to do but to go back and get it rectified would be the best option.

Mamad786
Newly Registered

Post by Mamad786 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:55 am

If I renew my brp ilr when it comes to expiry will they check all the documents and National insurance number?

COOL_DUDE1980
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by COOL_DUDE1980 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Like I said earlier Malawi process to rectify passport is very simple, just submit your birth certificate and they will change the passport accordingly.

Whateva u decide to do, so not apply for citizenship with incorrect details in ur passport you will land in huge trouble, get the passport rectified first

COOL_DUDE1980
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by COOL_DUDE1980 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:05 pm

Mamad786 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:55 am
If I renew my brp ilr when it comes to expiry will they check all the documents and National insurance number?
I don’t know as I applied for citizenship, and I got caught out

Mamad786
Newly Registered

Post by Mamad786 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:45 pm

My ILR is under the wrong date of birth in my current passport, if I rectify my passport and apply for naturalization will that not be a problem?

COOL_DUDE1980
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by COOL_DUDE1980 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:27 pm

Rectify your passport with correct birth details and then you can get naturalised with your correct birth details.

Mamad786
Newly Registered

Citizenship D.O.B discrepancy and place of birth.

Post by Mamad786 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:34 pm

I was born in the UK and I have a brittish birth certificate. I have a Malawi passport with a different date of birth and place of birth.
My family members had registered for school, dentist and GP with my UK birth certificate. All my financials are with UK birth certificate. My ILR has been approved but I'm not sure if I want to apply for citizenship as the date descripencies.
I was born in the UK but at the time my parents were foreigners and returned back to Malawi.
They are refusing to change my Bio data in Malawi.
I have tried to do it multiple times but they have said they cannot do it.
What should I do?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:45 pm
Topics Merged (click)