ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online apps taking preference?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Moosh41
Newly Registered

Online apps taking preference?

Post by Moosh41 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:03 am

Hi,

is it just me or are online apps taking preference over paper apps?
I noticed that people who applied online seem to be getting processed allot faster than people who applied through the NCS, I applied on the 10th of April and to date haven't even received an acknowledgement or any monies taken etc.

I noticed on here where people add timelines for docs processed that people who applied online seems to be getting their apps processed allot faster?

Please tell me if I am wrong?

I am applying for Naturlisation

englishrose198
India

Re: Online apps taking preference?

Post by englishrose198 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Well, that may be true. But for those who applied on or after Feb 2018 via NCS also, the processing times looks like avg 5 weeks from what I read and experiencing myself too.

Please have a look at the timelines thread and make a decision accordingly that suits your priorities. Good luck!

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Tue May 01, 2018 1:13 pm

That seems to be the case. I applied last year on paper and it took 49 days for the decision (and it was one of the fastest at the time). My daughter got her approval in 20 days when applied online in January, and my wife has just received her approval 30 days after submitting the online application.

I can't see why people still apply on paper when the online process is easier and faster.

Moosh41
Newly Registered

Post by Moosh41 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:23 pm

I would have done mine online but already had the NCS appointment booked.
I feel it is a bit wrong to treat people with preference since we are all paying the same amount for the application whether it being online or paper?

danseb
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by danseb » Tue May 01, 2018 9:26 pm

I wish, I applied online on the 5th of March, had the NCS appointment and biometrics done the very next day and yet the Home Office took a whole month to barely send me an acknowledgement email, and I'm still waiting on a response. So online or not, you're not the only one waiting, hang on in there.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:03 am

I don't think online applications are any faster than paper application. If you look at the March timeline, you will see that some paper applicants have gotten their applications approved before the online applicants. Once the biometrics are done, they seem to get their applications approved faster as opposed to online applicants who submitted their biometrics from the onset.

Another thing to consider is the fact that some cases are more straightforward than some other cases which can speed up or delay the process. i.e how quickly they can verify documents that have been submitted and also the competence and efficiency of case workers assigned to the applications. Pray you do not get a caseworker who calls in sick or takes an annual leave while processing your case or a lazy caseworker who is simply not productive.
I think that the advantage of online application so far is that you have more control over managing your side of the naturalization process faster. i.e payment and biometrics.
How the HO process these applications from there end is a different kettle of fish. No one can say for sure.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:05 am

Hi,

I believe online is bit faster in a sense that we are doing some of HO stuff, like we are filling the form online and that is going straight into there system, unlike paper form where might be case worker has to enter himself/herself.

Plus as mentioned by other members, the one can save time on Bio-metric enrolment by going on the same day.

Rest it all depends on the individual case as well as the case worker.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.