ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa France - Spouse of

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

catchy1993
Newly Registered
Kenya

Schengen Visa France - Spouse of

Post by catchy1993 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:49 pm

Hi,

Would anyone have experience of applying for a Schengen Visa at the TLS centre in London? I currently hold ILR status in the UK and I am the spouse of a British Citizen who I will be travelling with. I need a tourist visa as we are travelling to France for a one week holiday in June.

I have looked online and put together the documents that apply to my circumstances based on this list. (https://fr.tlscontact.com/gb/lon/page.p ... ism_less90)

Is there anything else I require above and beyond the list? Is there anything else I need to bare in mind when applying at the TLS centre?

Thanks,

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Schengen Visa France - Spouse of

Post by Caravel88 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:59 am

That list is for general tourism.
IF you are travelling with your British (thus EU) spouse, you are exercising your right of free movement.

Therefore this is the list and application you should make:

https://fr.tlscontact.com/gb/lon/page.p ... eu_citizen

(Ignore the last item on that list. that one is for extended family memebers who are dependants: Proof of the financial dependence : sworn statement established and signed by the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen)

List is much shorter and you don't need to provide anything else.

This is the official French gov. website BTW:

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/ ... -d-un-visa

Follow the instructions there. Your reason of travel is "Other" - "Family of EU Citizen".

catchy1993
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by catchy1993 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Thank you for your reply.

To confirm I am travelling with my Spouse who is a British Citizen.

Quick question, when booking the appointment, I was required to fill in the details online and then get an appointment. So my appointment for tomorrow says "Short stay Tourist visit for Employed" rather than "Short stay Spouse of European Union Citizen".

Will this make a difference on the day? Or will I be able to submit my application and supporting evidence based on being the Spouse of an EU citizen?

(In either case I will have the required documents with me but I was just wondering if they will allow me to submit as the Spouse of an EU citizen)

Many thanks,

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:37 pm

Most welcome.

I have no personal experience regarding this so I wouldn't want to mislead you.

However if I were you I would just contact TLS and ask them.

for instance you could say "hey rather than short stay EU spouse, I misclicked and chose the other option but my application is actually for EU spouse visa thing.... is it going to be a problem?"

catchy1993 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:00 pm
Thank you for your reply.

To confirm I am travelling with my Spouse who is a British Citizen.

Quick question, when booking the appointment, I was required to fill in the details online and then get an appointment. So my appointment for tomorrow says "Short stay Tourist visit for Employed" rather than "Short stay Spouse of European Union Citizen".

Will this make a difference on the day? Or will I be able to submit my application and supporting evidence based on being the Spouse of an EU citizen?

(In either case I will have the required documents with me but I was just wondering if they will allow me to submit as the Spouse of an EU citizen)

Many thanks,

catchy1993
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by catchy1993 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:09 am

No problem, many thanks for your help.

My appointment is today at 11:15 so I will let you know how I get on.

Kind regards,

catchy1993
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by catchy1993 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:18 pm

I was allowed to switch to the EU Spouse application.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:47 am

That's fantastic news. I'm so happy for you. Now hopefully it gets processed ASAP and you get yourself a nice long visa.
catchy1993 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:18 pm
I was allowed to switch to the EU Spouse application.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

catchy1993
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by catchy1993 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi,

Thank you for all your help!

Visa was granted very quickly.

Applied on Thursday 03rd May
Passport delivered at home 10th May.

Two year Schengen visa granted :D

Regards

TA725
Newly Registered

Post by TA725 » Sat May 12, 2018 1:43 pm

catchy1993 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 12:13 pm
Hi,

Congracts . My wife applied on the 8th of May. We didn't apply as spouse as my passport was not with me got it back the next day. I have email them with a copy I don't know if she will still be considered or treated as family member of Eu. We hope to travel next Saturday hopefully will be out. .

Regards

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:07 pm

That makes me happy to hear it. Thank you for sharing the result. I hope you enjoyed not needing to submit many documents and visa issued free of charge. I wish I had a 2 year one! :) Enjoy your trip btw.
catchy1993 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 12:13 pm
Hi,

Regards

catchy1993
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by catchy1993 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Your welcome.

The submission was definitely easier with just a handful of documents.

Although the visa is "free", TLS charge around £26.00 and we live 220 miles from London so had to pay the courier fee which is £14.00.

£40.00 plus travel and accommodation for us.

Not cheap! :(

chandregowda
Newly Registered

Post by chandregowda » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:31 pm

Dear catchy1993,

Am also applying French schengen visa under - Family member of a EU/EEA/Swiss citizen - (Short stay up to 90 days)

I have got appointment next week.Could you please help to claify the below questions in the Documents list as per the below link

Proof of travel of the EU/EEA/Swiss National. A confirmed return ticket to France (plane, ferry, bus, etc…) or booking fully paid from your travel agent. If not, statement of travel with EU/EEA family member (download free form here).

Does this Travel ticket mandatory?

Proof of the family ties between the applicant and the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen : official certificate(s) (marriage/full birth)

I have got Marrigae cerificate in English.Do i need to certify the marrigae certificate in indian Embassy?

Thanks
CG

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:10 am

Marriage cert. should be enough.

It's either tickets or statement of travel with EU/EEA family member you need to present.
chandregowda wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:31 pm
Dear catchy1993,

Am also applying French schengen visa under - Family member of a EU/EEA/Swiss citizen - (Short stay up to 90 days)

I have got appointment next week.Could you please help to claify the below questions in the Documents list as per the below link

Proof of travel of the EU/EEA/Swiss National. A confirmed return ticket to France (plane, ferry, bus, etc…) or booking fully paid from your travel agent. If not, statement of travel with EU/EEA family member (download free form here).

Does this Travel ticket mandatory?

Proof of the family ties between the applicant and the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen : official certificate(s) (marriage/full birth)

I have got Marrigae cerificate in English.Do i need to certify the marrigae certificate in indian Embassy?

Thanks
CG

ghingorani2000
Newly Registered

Post by ghingorani2000 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:25 pm

hi @chandregowda did you have to get your marriage certificate attested by the indian high comm or was the brp card and a copy of your marriage certificate sufficient? I am applying too but this bit was a bit confusing.

daddyyluv
Newly Registered

Post by daddyyluv » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:33 pm

Hello, can you please confirm if you booked your ticket before you applied? A friend needs help with this question. Thanks

tirmizi2012
Newly Registered

Post by tirmizi2012 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:44 am

hey congrats
what documents you submitted ?

tirmizi2012
Newly Registered

Post by tirmizi2012 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:03 am

Proof of the financial dependence : sworn statement established and signed by the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen.

do i need this ? how do i get one?

callllllum
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by callllllum » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:42 am

Caravel88 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:59 am
That list is for general tourism.
IF you are travelling with your British (thus EU) spouse, you are exercising your right of free movement.

Therefore this is the list and application you should make:

(Ignore the last item on that list. that one is for extended family memebers who are dependants: Proof of the financial dependence : sworn statement established and signed by the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen)

List is much shorter and you don't need to provide anything else.

This is the official French gov. website BTW:

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/ ... -d-un-visa

Follow the instructions there. Your reason of travel is "Other" - "Family of EU Citizen".
Hi, I've been scouring the French visa sites and all state that for a spouse of an EU citizen, they need a letter from their employer and three months of bank statements. I note from the list you posted last year you said the financial evidence isn't needed - is that still the case?

Appreciate any assistance here as the French visa sites are a bit hit and miss with their requirements.

Cheers,
Callum