ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Italy with Residence Card and return to the UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Travel to Italy with Residence Card and return to the UK

Post by imbik » Wed May 02, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi everyone, this might be a silly question to ask but I just wanna be sure.

I am a non-EU citizen with 5 years residence card (family member of EU citizen) living in the UK. I need to travel to Italy urgently but I don't have time for Schengen visa application so I am planning to travel with my Bulgarian citizen wife under EU directive2004/38 ec (it is also stated on Italian embassy website that I don't need a Schengen visa if I travel with my EU-citizen spouse).

She will return to the UK next day because our children will stay alone. On the other hand I have to stay one or two days more. Does it create any problem for me on return (at both Italian and UK borders).

Thanks
I love science

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: Travel to Italy with Residence Card and return to the UK

Post by dan1988uk » Thu May 03, 2018 3:49 am

imbik wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:31 pm
Hi everyone, this might be a silly question to ask but I just wanna be sure.

I am a non-EU citizen with 5 years residence card (family member of EU citizen) living in the UK. I need to travel to Italy urgently but I don't have time for Schengen visa application so I am planning to travel with my Bulgarian citizen wife under EU directive2004/38 ec (it is also stated on Italian embassy website that I don't need a Schengen visa if I travel with my EU-citizen spouse).

She will return to the UK next day because our children will stay alone. On the other hand I have to stay one or two days more. Does it create any problem for me on return (at both Italian and UK borders).

Thanks
You will have no problems at all entering Italy (I am Italian and my wife is non EEA, we both live in the UK) and when we visited my home country basically everyone at the border knew about the residence card so if you travel together with your wife there will be no problems at all. On your way back the italian border might question you but you are going to join your EEA wife. Same at the entry border in the UK, the officer will ask for sure information about your wife, so have with you marriage certificate and also proof of address and your wife's last payslip if she is working (they should not be necessary but you can find a zealous officer).