ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CCJ ( Court County Judgement) and Leave to Remain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ab36
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

CCJ ( Court County Judgement) and Leave to Remain

Post by ab36 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:53 am

Hi,

Just to make long story short.. I took out a loan which backfired and I just received a letter from court for claim form the loan company filed. The value is currently £10,000 on the loan.

I am also currently in a debt management plan so I am taking care of my debts and currently I am on Discretionary Leave to remain on 10 years route.

I am also attending university to finish my bachlors and I am a person of good character. So the main question is that when I apply for further leave to remain which is in October, would I face any complicaions for declaring my CCJ in the application?

Anyone has any experience or someone that has been though this or has any knowledge about CCJ and discretionary leave 10 years route?

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: CCJ ( Court County Judgement) and Leave to Remain

Post by CMOSUK » Fri May 04, 2018 1:13 pm

ab36 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:53 am
Hi,

Just to make long story short.. I took out a loan which backfired and I just received a letter from court for claim form the loan company filed. The value is currently £10,000 on the loan.

I am also currently in a debt management plan so I am taking care of my debts and currently I am on Discretionary Leave to remain on 10 years route.

I am also attending university to finish my bachlors and I am a person of good character. So the main question is that when I apply for further leave to remain which is in October, would I face any complicaions for declaring my CCJ in the application?

Anyone has any experience or someone that has been though this or has any knowledge about CCJ and discretionary leave 10 years route?
My understanding is, for an application of ILR or extension a CCJ may not be applicable. However you should still declare it as to not evade or mislead the case worker on your truthfulness and declaration of your circumstances.

Further to my understanding is, a CCJ may effect an application for BC as this comes under the good character policies/guidance that UKVI may use to assess character credibility.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.