ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office invitation letter - Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

domader
Newly Registered
Poland

Home office invitation letter - Ceremony

Post by domader » Wed May 09, 2018 8:58 pm

I'm a little bit unclear if the letter I received with my documents from the Home Office is the Invitation Letter that I need to bring to the Ceremony. I have received letter from the council but I'm unsure whether I have the invitation or approval letter. The wording of the letter I have goes like this.

"Thank you for submitting the enclosed documents in support of your application for British citizenship.
(...)
I am pleased to say that the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony. When you attend a ceremony you will be presented with a certificate of British citizenship.
Please note, this letter is not an invitation to a ceremony."

and then it states what types of documents are enclosed.

Can anybody confirm that is the letter I need to bring to the ceremony?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Home office invitation letter - Ceremony

Post by alterhase58 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Take both letters!
Home Office and Council - HO letter is the official confirmation of your approval - Council letter should explain logistics of ceremony.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.