ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - Married to British but was Refugee -HELP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mariann013
Newly Registered
Norway

British Citizenship - Married to British but was Refugee -HELP

Post by mariann013 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi everyone!

We've been told different things by different people so thought I'd try and ask the internet!

My partner was a Syrian refugee and has just been granted his ILR, we've been told by the registry office that because I am British and he is married to me he does not have to wait and can apply for British Citizenship as soon as he has the B1 and Life in UK however others have told us it doesn't matter and he has to wait regardless.

Any advice on this? Obviously would LOVE if the registry office are correct but don't want to spend all that money if it's only going to be rejected.

Thanks for all advice in advance!!

Mari-Ann & Belal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship - Married to British but was Refugee -HELP

Post by CR001 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Correct, he doesn't usually have to wait a year if married to a British citizen, but he must still meet the requirements.

See the links below.

british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 05532.html

british-citizenship/refused-bc-prev-ref ... 18146.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.