ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit refusal.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Addi1
Newly Registered
Portugal

EEA family permit refusal.

Post by Addi1 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi All

I have a question regarding EEA family permit.

My Situation

I hold a EU(portuguse Passport).My mother holds an Indian passport and currently residing in India.

My Mother applied for a EEA family permit visa to accompany me in the United Kingdom.The Home Office have rejected the EEA family permit visa on the grounds of no proper financial dependency being proved as in they are not conviced that my mother is dependent on myself.

Furthermore the Home Office have stated that as My Mother owns a house in India and residing with my elder brother there is no financial dependency of her on me.
I am thinking of going a different route by applying a Tourist visa Instead of a EEA FP. Would the refusal of EEA FP have any affect on the tourist visa.

Thanks in advance.

Casa

Re: EEA family permit refusal.

Post by Casa » Mon May 14, 2018 8:38 pm

Addi1 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:34 pm
Hi All

I have a question regarding EEA family permit.

My Situation

I hold a EU(portuguse Passport).My mother holds an Indian passport and currently residing in India.

My Mother applied for a EEA family permit visa to accompany me in the United Kingdom.The Home Office have rejected the EEA family permit visa on the grounds of no proper financial dependency being proved as in they are not conviced that my mother is dependent on myself.

Furthermore the Home Office have stated that as My Mother owns a house in India and residing with my elder brother there is no financial dependency of her on me.
I am thinking of going a different route by applying a Tourist visa Instead of a EEA FP. Would the refusal of EEA FP have any affect on the tourist visa.

Thanks in advance.
A visitor visa application is likely to fail due to the prior intention to settle in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.