ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Holder of Residence card of family member of EU/EEA citizen: TRAVELLING ABROAD FOR HOLIDAY

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Holder of Residence card of family member of EU/EEA citizen: TRAVELLING ABROAD FOR HOLIDAY

Post by ljdebenedictis » Wed May 16, 2018 1:23 am

Please help.

Hi again. Short story, I came to UK under Surinder Singh June 2014 using EEA family permit and now holds residence card (Family member of EU/EEA citizen).. I work as a full time dental nurse and also enrolled to college at the same time.. I haven’t been out the country since I koved here due to busy life (work and studies) and planning to go home (Cyprus) to visit my parents, I am aware that you can travel without visa but I’d rather apply as it is not that difficult.

Now the question is:
1. I’m going to Cyprus with my husband for a week but I will be coming back few days early than him (due to work commitment), I was only allowed to take 5 days off 🙄, will they question me coming back without him? Will they deny me entry? 😰

2. I’m planning to start travelling to europe this summer (I’m going to apply for schengen visa) and in the future, I may not be traveling with my husband in some occassions (as he travels for work: different countries etc) again the question is will they question me when I come back if I’m not with my husband?

For some reason I’m always nervous when I’m alone and scared of being deny entry or scared of confrontation. Has anyone like travelling here alone or has travelled before without their spouses? And what are your experiences? Please share. I don’t want to start spending money and then make my life stressful with this travelling.

Thank you very much and hope to hear from you guys soon xx