ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proof of residence (2nd attempt)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ingbie
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

residency document EU/EEA

Post by ingbie » Sat May 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi all,
I was going through this line in the INIS
It says
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/wp16000022
Instead, you must send us 3 different documents for each year you claim you were resident here.
Whereas in the Form 8 Naturalisation
Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing name and address for this period
The words "for this period" is included in the form. I interpret "for this period" means for each year which is 12 months period
I am confused on the list of documents.
For 5 years it is a total of 60 months.
Is this 3 proofs for this period which means 60x3 = 180 (total list of documents for reckonable residence)
OR
is this 3 proofs per year as per the INIS website which means 5 x 3 = 15 (total list of documents for reckonable residence)

Applicants have to spend a lot of effort in fetching and filing 3 different proofs for every month if former is the case.

People who have already successfully naturalised, please can you all too reply as this would be a reference for future applicants.

ingbie
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

proof of residence (2nd attempt)

Post by ingbie » Thu May 17, 2018 1:20 am

Hi all,
This is my second attempt to get some help from members here.(earlier one is here)

I am confused on the number of documents to maintain for each year of residence. Is it 3 per year ? (OR 3 per month for each year ? ). I dont want to ask INIS and trigger a big trouble for everyone in future.

I am an EU/EEA citizen.
If all I have to do is 3 documents per year, does anyone have any experiene of the documents to be equally spaced. Are there any INIS incidents of asking for more documents (kind-of impossible to get things from past if not already planned in the past)

If this is only 3 documents per year how will INIS know if I was out for a month from the country ? there are no stamps since I am EU/EEA CTZ.

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Re: proof of residence (2nd attempt)

Post by Zoot7 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:46 am

To my understanding, the proof of residence should be for the entire period.

So if you're using Electricity bills, you'll have one for each month. A bank account statement is one every six months. Revenue documents are typically for a year. A single letter from an employer could cover the entire period.

So proofs of residence for 5 years would look something like this:

5x12 Electricity bills
5x12 Internet Bills
5x2 Bank Account Statements
5x1 Revenue Tax Credit Certificates
5x1 Car Insurance certificates
1/2/3 Letters from employer
Receipts from GP/Dentist - Include all you have, maybe 3/4 per year.

etc.

I'm open to correction, but this is my understanding.

billybob19700

Post by billybob19700 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:04 am

No you dont have to send 12 months periods x5 i sent them 5 bills for each year spread across, to know if you were here they will ask for your bank statement to verify, contact work and so on

Example:

5x5 Electricity bills they dont have to be 12
5x5 Internet Bills they dont have to be 12

bobu2kadu

Post by bobu2kadu » Thu May 17, 2018 9:42 am

You have to understand the purpose of this requirement. The purpose is to establish you were resident in the state and have physical proof to confirm this. You should mix and match the proofs, it should be three different proofs for the same year. It need not be spaced , you can potentially submit consecutive months from different sources.

"Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed, showing your name and address and date of issue, e.g. mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, social welfare, letter from employment, etc."

You also have this declaration to ensure you are honest with the information given in the application. If found otherwise your application stands the risk of being rejected. So be honest and don't assume they don't know you were not resident in the state for certain period even if you are an EU citizen with no requirement for stamps on the passport.

"I do solemnly and sincerely declare that the foregoing particulars stated in this application are true, and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1938, as amended by the Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2008."

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: residency document EU/EEA

Post by chaoclive » Thu May 17, 2018 9:08 pm

I don't know how it can be clearer:

If you are a non‐EU citizen making a standard application based on having 5 years residence: Please submit
three different proofs of residence for each year showing name and address for this period i.e. mortgage/rent
agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, etc.

OR

If you are an EU citizen for more than five years please submit proof of residence in the State amounting to a total of five years in the last nine years, to include the year prior to application. Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing name and address for this period i.e. mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone, cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, etc.

OR

If your application is based on marriage to or being the civil partner of an Irish citizen:
Copies of three different proofs of residence in the island of Ireland for both applicant and spouse/civil partner
for 3 months prior to the date of application showing date and name and current address. Proofs include mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, etc.

ingbie
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: residency document EU/EEA

Post by ingbie » Fri May 18, 2018 6:00 am

Code: Select all

Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing name and address for this period
EU/EEA-citizen

This is the part I am confused.
Can I just submit 3 documents for a year ? All 3 from say Feb and be out of the year for 4 months in a stretch ? That does not sound alright. There is no catch ?

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 am

bobu2kadu wrote:You also have this declaration to ensure you are honest with the information given in the application. If found otherwise your application stands the risk of being rejected. So be honest and don't assume they don't know you were not resident in the state for certain period even if you are an EU citizen with no requirement for stamps on the passport.
I'd agree with that.

OP - put off the application until you have a full year of continous residence in the last year. That way, nobody can come back to you and reject your application on that grounds.

It would be frustrating to be told no after a long waiting period for something so simple.

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 am

You knoww what .. when INIS Issue Stamp4 .. INIS should advise the person in written " All the necessary requirements " so person can start collecting those proof of addresses n bank statements etc for each year if they want to apply for nationalisation.

Bcz its so hard to recover the proofs sometimes.. in my case i neva had any bill on my name bcz landlord were payin bills .. wifi was on my housemate's name ..

I had no idea back thn that these r the things r most important for nationalisation..
🚙...................................🚓 🚓..🚓...🚓
🇨🇮❤️🇵🇰

bobu2kadu

Post by bobu2kadu » Fri May 18, 2018 10:03 am

The simplest proofs are the following.

- Revenue will send at least one letter confirming your tax credits every year.
- Most banks issue statements every quarter and by law they are required to keep this data secured for seven years
- Every year you get the medical/life/home insurance renewal letter.
Ali0857 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 am
You knoww what .. when INIS Issue Stamp4 .. INIS should advise the person in written " All the necessary requirements " so person can start collecting those proof of addresses n bank statements etc for each year if they want to apply for nationalisation.

Bcz its so hard to recover the proofs sometimes.. in my case i neva had any bill on my name bcz landlord were payin bills .. wifi was on my housemate's name ..

I had no idea back thn that these r the things r most important for nationalisation..