ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) online application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

solomondid

Set (O) online application

Post by solomondid » Thu May 17, 2018 1:30 pm

Dear members,

I submitted my application online today, it generated Biometric letter soon as I made the payment, given 15 days to submit documents. Questions I have -

1) It did accept me as applicant through Tier 1 Entrepreneur Route, however, I wanted to make sure this method of application is acceptable for T1E route from experiences of other applicants, and moderators. Do not want to fall in late application category if God forbid this was not an acceptable application for me.

2) If anyone has already applied online do we need to print and send the application PDF along with rest of the documents. Or just the documents checklist and rest of the documents?

3) Address is totally different on online it is of Sheffield PO Box for ILR, is this appropriate?

4) Online form did not ask me for any Personal Finance questions such as how much salary and any recourse etc which was in Section 5 of the paper form?

5) I called home office and the agent said date of application is when they would receive my documents, is this true? My understanding is this should be the date payment was cleared for online applications?

This is new experience for me so please do not mind naive questions. Hope this can bring knowledge for other soon applying members of the forum.

Regards,

Solomon
Solomon

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Re: Set (O) online application

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:34 pm

I am following as I am soon going to apply. Seniors please shed some light

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:15 pm

Didn't know this option was even available.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:10 pm

Apparently the date of the application is when you submit it, not when the documents are delivered.
The date of application for online applications is the date it is submitted via the online
process.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... n-v1.0.pdf

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:58 am

Dear Forum Members,

Thanks for all the support, today I received approval letter. If it wasnt clear my timeline is as follows;

Applied online - 17 May
Biometric - 18 May
Periodic emails every 17 then after
Approval letter - Received 9 Aug (Dated 8 Aug)
Biometric not received yet

I had sent same day return envelopes with my supporting documents. I did not use any solicitor this forum has been source of a tremendous support and saved me thousands! Thank you all again!

Ask any questions you may have.

Regards,

Solomon
Solomon

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:01 am

many congrats! you seem to be the first one who sent with online SETO and received approval! i applied with online on 31st May - waiting! :)
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:06 am

Thank you

Yes I guess I was one of the first applicants as form was made available on 17 as far as I know because I had checked 16th night and prepared postal application but changed mind and applied online next day when I noticed it was available online.

Thanks again and all the best I am sure you would hear back in a week or two, and I am sure you would be successful.

Regards,
Solomon

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:29 am

solomondid wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:06 am
Thank you

Yes I guess I was one of the first applicants as form was made available on 17 as far as I know because I had checked 16th night and prepared postal application but changed mind and applied online next day when I noticed it was available online.

Thanks again and all the best I am sure you would hear back in a week or two, and I am sure you would be successful.

Regards,
that was brave!

thanks, there are at least 5 or 6 of us who did online forms after mid may :)
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

business genius

Post by business genius » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:00 pm

Congratulations! Solomondid

I just finished my online application,biometric this week.
You got your biometric in less than 3 months that is good time line.

Khanbhai

Post by Khanbhai » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:26 pm

First Congratulations. My question is I am about to complete my online application form could please tell me did you send any evidence for absence from UK? it ask for evidence for my I went to my country in 2014 for 2 months and in 2016 for 2 months? your answer will be very helpful for me. Thanks

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:39 pm

solomondid wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:30 pm

4) Online form did not ask me for any Personal Finance questions such as how much salary and any recourse etc which was in Section 5 of the paper form?
Congratulations,
Did you submit an evidence for you personal finance?

solomondid wrote:

3) Address is totally different on online it is of Sheffield PO Box for ILR, is this appropriate?
Did you submit it to "Sheffield PO Box.." ?

Thanks

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:41 pm

business genius wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:00 pm
Congratulations! Solomondid

I just finished my online application,biometric this week.
You got your biometric in less than 3 months that is good time line.
Thank you and all the best!
Solomon

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:43 pm

Khanbhai wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:26 pm
First Congratulations. My question is I am about to complete my online application form could please tell me did you send any evidence for absence from UK? it ask for evidence for my I went to my country in 2014 for 2 months and in 2016 for 2 months? your answer will be very helpful for me. Thanks
I did not send any evidences for absences, passport had all stamps I think that should help the case worker calculate your absences. As far as I understand evidences are only asked from Tier 2 Visa holders.
Solomon

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:46 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:39 pm
solomondid wrote:

Congratulations,
Did you submit an evidence for you personal finance?

solomondid wrote:

Did you submit it to "Sheffield PO Box.." ?

Thanks

Thank you I sent personal bank statements covering 3 months, online form doesnt ask for any of this however I included personal statements just to avoid the benefit of doubt.

I sent it to P O Box address which was printed on the acknowledgements once you submit the online application.
Solomon

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 pm

solomondid wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:46 pm

Thank you I sent personal bank statements covering 3 months, online form doesnt ask for any of this however I included personal statements just to avoid the benefit of doubt.
Did you take salary from your company, did your statements show your salaries?

Thanks

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:54 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 pm
solomondid wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:46 pm

Did you take salary from your company, did your statements show your salaries?

Thanks
Yes I did, and yes it reflected in my statements.
Solomon

business genius

Post by business genius » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Hi Solomon
Can you pls list the documents submitted with the document checklist.It would be beneficial for those preparing to file The ILR.

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:55 am

business genius wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:06 pm
Hi Solomon
Can you pls list the documents submitted with the document checklist.It would be beneficial for those preparing to file The ILR.
Here it is, my advise would be to read the policy guidance and immigration rules together and send just enough documents e.g I saw many here said they sent accounts for all years, last 2 years etc which I did not its simply not needed. This might not change the decision but certainly adds to the frustration for example if the case worker is having a bad day, now agree or not they are still human and probably have a stressful work load.

Personal -

Passports (old and new), BRP, Photographs
LIUK Pass Notification
Degree taught in UK
CCJ Set Aside certificate (Parking tickets ignored for years and dealt in court)
Personal bank statements for 3 months

Company -

Office premise contract copy
Companies house good standing certificate
Current appointments report
Filing history page
Public and Employers Liability insurance certificates
Business bank statements covering 3 months
Corporation Tax letters (CT41G, CT603 etc) - 4 Nos.
Business rate relief certificate

Employees -

Passport copies, UK Registration copies (For EU workers)
Payslips for claimed duration
RTI FPS for claimed duration
P45 and P46 where available (I only had these for 2 employees out of 4)
FPS showing start date for other 2 employees
Pension registration certificates for 2 employees and opt outs for other 2
PAYE payment receipts and P32's for claimed duration so about 4 quarters

And a covering letter aligning the dots, where necessary and explaining mistakes in online application I entered wrong dates on the application form for example date when I entered UK which needs to be your Tier 1 E beginning date I entered actual entry date and theres no way to correct it later, so I explained it in letter. Subsequently I entered date of employment for one of the employees and explained that too in covering letter.

My journey since I entered UK had no refusals in past, always updated my addresses when I moved home, and have traveled a lot e.g America, China, Australia, Canada, and India but did not exceed the limit of 180 in any rolling 12 months. I dont know if this affects, improves your application in any way but thought of sharing it all for your benefit.

All the best and have a good day!

Regards,
Solomon

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:16 am

solomondid wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:55 am

And a covering letter aligning the dots, where necessary and explaining mistakes in online application I entered wrong dates on the application form for example date when I entered UK which needs to be your Tier 1 E beginning date I entered actual entry date and theres no way to correct it later, so I explained it in letter. Subsequently I entered date of employment for one of the employees and explained that too in covering letter.
Do you mean you mentioned your visa issue date as your entry to the UK ?
Thanks

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:31 pm

The form asks for date you entered on which this application is based i entered date I entered UK rather than date I was given Tier 1
Solomon

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Received biometric card today valid until 31-12-2024 which I suppose is some sort of EU regulation or changes in technology by them on enquiring I found out they are going to replace these cards free of charge if your card is less than 10 years old.
Solomon

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:31 pm

solomondid wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:31 pm
The form asks for date you entered on which this application is based i entered date I entered UK rather than date I was given Tier 1
Thanks a lot,
Which one is correct, the actual entry date or the visa issue date? which one have you used?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:34 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:31 pm
solomondid wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:31 pm
Thanks a lot,
Which one is correct, the actual entry date or the visa issue date? which one have you used?
The OP has very clearly stated he put in the form the date he ENTERED the UK!!!

You residence however is calculated from the visa issue date if your entry was not very delayed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rafeeq1144

Post by Rafeeq1144 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:53 pm

hi Solomondid congrattssss for your ILR.

i submistted my ILR application online tier 1 to ILR 50K online. payment duducted online i sent documents same day and did Biometric at same day.
i sent documents by Royalmail signed for.its showing documents status "Collected" rather then "delivered" i am worried whats going on their end as no acknowledgement received even after 1 week.

Also outside envelop i wrote only address that was on checklist PO BOX Number and Shefield , i didnt mentioned its Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR.
Can anyone (sky_rise, Business genius) confirm if they apply recently and got acknowledgment ?

Rafeeq1144

Post by Rafeeq1144 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:21 pm

Rafeeq1144 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:53 pm
hi Solomondid congrattssss for your ILR.

i submistted my ILR application online tier 1 to ILR 50K online. payment duducted online i sent documents same day and did Biometric at same day.
i sent documents by Royalmail signed for.its showing documents status "Collected" rather then "delivered" i am worried whats going on their end as no acknowledgement received even after 1 week.

Also outside envelop i wrote only address that was on checklist PO BOX Number and Shefield , i didnt mentioned its Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR.
Can anyone (sky_rise, Business genius) confirm if they apply recently and got acknowledgment ?
Sorry I just found acknowledgement in my junk email with Case ID it was dated very next day after I apply online.