ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shengen visa aproved by German embassy. Can I go to malta?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amyblade
Newly Registered
Wales

Shengen visa aproved by German embassy. Can I go to malta?

Post by amyblade » Mon May 21, 2018 9:25 pm

OK so my Egyptian husband just got a shengen visa issues from the German embassy. (I am a UK citizen) I am wondering If it is allowed for us to travel directly to malta or do we need to travel first to Germany then to malta?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Shengen visa aproved by German embassy. Can I go to malta?

Post by Caravel88 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:17 am

You can travel to any Schengen country. EU family members just need a visa to enter the territory.
If Malta doesn't like it they would have to issue you a new one since they have to let you in.
amyblade wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:25 pm
OK so my Egyptian husband just got a shengen visa issues from the German embassy. (I am a UK citizen) I am wondering If it is allowed for us to travel directly to malta or do we need to travel first to Germany then to malta?

amyblade
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by amyblade » Tue May 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Thank you they have given him a standard travel visa instead of family member of eu citizen member is that a problem

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:51 am

No, that should not be a problem at all.

The only difference is what's written under the remarks section.
I doubt border guards will pay attention to it.
Even in Germany the German border guards ignore the German remarks at times and treat it like a "regular" visa.

Malta has no right to cause trouble because you are an EU citizen and travelling together.
You derive the right to move freely and your husband derives it from you through EU directive 2004/38/EC.

He only needs "a schengen visa" to travel & enter and you got it already. There will be no issues.

Have a copy of the page below printed with you if you feel like you might need to explain at the border:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t ... dex_en.htm
amyblade wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:49 pm
Thank you they have given him a standard travel visa instead of family member of eu citizen member is that a problem