ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency calculator

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

water_tank1
Ireland

Residency calculator

Post by water_tank1 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:35 am

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Residency calculator.

It mentions about entering the dates of the stamps in a passport, does that include entering the dates on visas issued by Ireland?

Many thanks

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Residency calculator

Post by Ali0857 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:31 am

Its probably the first stamp you got in INIS when you arrived to ireland .
๐Ÿš™...................................๐Ÿš“ ๐Ÿš“..๐Ÿš“...๐Ÿš“
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎโค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฐ

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Tue May 29, 2018 9:21 am

water_tank1 wrote: โ†‘
Tue May 22, 2018 8:35 am
Hi all,

It mentions about entering the dates of the stamps in a passport, does that include entering the dates on visas issued by Ireland?

Many thanks
No, visa dates don't count. The first stamp would be the landing stamp that would have been placed in your passport by an immigration officer when you first arrived in Ireland. This is the one which says that you are allowed to stay until a certain date before which you will need to register with the INIS.

sanzo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sanzo » Tue May 29, 2018 8:43 pm

zepman wrote: โ†‘
Tue May 29, 2018 9:21 am
Hi all,

Many thanks
No, visa dates don't count. The first stamp would be the landing stamp that would have been placed in your passport by an immigration officer when you first arrived in Ireland. This is the one which says that you are allowed to stay until a certain date before which you will need to register with the INIS.
That's interesting. Isn't the first stamp the one that I got with GNIB card? (Which was about 2 weeks after I entered the country, in my case)

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Wed May 30, 2018 2:54 pm

sanzo wrote: โ†‘
Tue May 29, 2018 8:43 pm
zepman wrote: โ†‘
Tue May 29, 2018 9:21 am
Hi all,

Many thanks
That's interesting. Isn't the first stamp the one that I got with GNIB card? (Which was about 2 weeks after I entered the country, in my case)
Nope, the landing stamp is your first stamp and you use the date of issue as the start date of your residence.

I was wondering the same when I was about to apply for naturalisation (especially since I had registered with the INIS just under a month after my landing date, and I didn't want to wait that long to submit the application). After some searching, I came across a post (either on here or some other forum) which said that I could use the landing stamp as the first one.

So that's what I did and I didn't have any problem with my application. This is the stamp (redacted) I'm talking about -

Having said that, you can err on the side of caution and submit the application 2 weeks after completing 5 years from the landing date. It's a short period anyway (unlike mine :mrgreen:).

Needless to say, this discussion only applies in cases where the entry was for a purpose that qualifies for a reckonable stamp (e.g., entry for work/join spouse), i.e., I could use my landing stamp only because I was entering for work, which led to a "Stamp 1" permission.