ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) Form completion - Section 11

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Basi
Newly Registered

SET (M) Form completion - Section 11

Post by Basi » Tue May 22, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi all,

Really appreciate some advise on a specific section of SET M form - Section 11: PASSPORT, TRAVEL OR NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD, specifically, Section 11.5 Have you enclosed the valid passport, national identity card or travel document for a dependant?

We have 2 kids who are both British Citizens. I know we are supposed to include children details in section 3 and also section 12 (passports, Birth Certificate, letters to children etc) but I got varying answers from HO, either we don't need to enter any details as they are not applying to they need details to be included in that section as they are still dependents.

The reason why I was more keen to get this section right, is that at the top of the section it is stated "It is mandatory to complete this section. Please note this application will be invalid if you do not.", hence want to make sure I understand this section right.

Many thanks in advance

bas

rikabi

Re: SET (M) Form completion - Section 11

Post by rikabi » Tue May 22, 2018 7:15 pm

I have the same question the application is confusing here. It suggest if your applying a parent of settled child you should only fill this section. But since they are British they are therefore not applying.

I will be including as much stuff about children who are British .e.g passports , letters from GP etc just in case.

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Tue May 22, 2018 9:40 pm

I am also filling SET(M) form on behalf of my wife these days as she will be applying soon and I would highly recommend filling the online form as it is much simpler and only asks you questions relevant to your application. The whole filled application is only 14 pages.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-m

I just looked at Section: 3 in SET(M) form and I can confirm that we filled that info in our online form. It did not come up as Section 3 or anything, all those questions were under Spouse/partner details.

At the end of online form it has given us a list of docs to provide but there is no mention of any document related to my son. However, we will provide his Birth certificate and Passport anyways to further support my wife application.
Not all those who wander are lost...

Basi
Newly Registered

Post by Basi » Wed May 23, 2018 8:49 am

Thanks for the replies.

Hope someone can clarify:

Specifically with regards to "Section 11: PASSPORT, TRAVEL OR NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD - Section 11.5 Have you enclosed the valid passport, national identity card or travel document for a dependant?"

Should I be providing any details here for British born children?

Thanks and best regards

Bashdar