ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What would happen after ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gabys
Newly Registered

What would happen after ILR?

Post by gabys » Wed May 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Hi all,

I had an ILR given to me a few years back. It is currently valid until 2020. So what would happen in 2020 - do I need to resubmit all the paperwork again, prove that I am still together with my husband etc? And do I get a reminder from HO about renewing the ILR?

Cheers all
Gaby x

dadageer
Mood:

Re: What would happen after ILR?

Post by dadageer » Wed May 23, 2018 7:02 pm

I never thought about this but a quick search and I found below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rmit-brprc

Seems like you will just need to apply for a replacement of your BRP once it is expired.
Not all those who wander are lost...

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Wed May 23, 2018 7:13 pm

gabys wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:07 pm
Hi all,

I had an ILR given to me a few years back. It is currently valid until 2020. So what would happen in 2020 - do I need to resubmit all the paperwork again, prove that I am still together with my husband etc? And do I get a reminder from HO about renewing the ILR?

Cheers all
Gaby x
Please note your ILR does not expire unless you have lived outside the UK for more than 2 years, then in that case your ILR validity will then 'lapse'.

Normally, the date shown is for the BRP card that expires, just like your passport or drivers licence does.

You would simply renew, use this link. Click here
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 23, 2018 11:01 pm

No. As others advised, you simply need to renew the BRP card. Your status remains the same
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gabys
Newly Registered

Post by gabys » Fri May 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Cheers all, thank you muchly x :D