ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to mention day trip to France on Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NicholasWest
Newly Registered
Canada

Forgot to mention day trip to France on Application

Post by NicholasWest » Fri May 25, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi all,

I recently applied for Naturalisation via NCS. About a week later I suddenly realised I had forgotten to mention a day trip I had made to France (via coach tour) a couple years ago. I think it just slipped my mind because I know that if you leave and return from the UK on the same day it doesn't count as an "absence" for residency purposes (I'm well under the allowed number of days anyway).

My question is, is not mentioning this trip going to be a problem? There's a stamp from UK immigration in Coquelles (presumably from when I returned), but for some reason French immigration didn't stamp when I arrived.

Cheers!

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Forgot to mention day trip to France on Application

Post by dontringthebell » Fri May 25, 2018 5:51 pm

You are never late until a decision is made on your application, I suggest recall carefully if there are any other trips too and either way send a A4 sheet explaining your predicament.

When you divulge on your own it's declaration, when they have to ask for it you are hiding!
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

NicholasWest
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by NicholasWest » Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 pm

I double checked my passport, and that day trip was the only one I didn't list.

So I should write to the Home Office informing them of the trip? What's the best way to contact them? I still haven't even received their letter confirming my application (thought I did confirm it was delivered).a

I'm also still not clear as to whether a trip where I left and reinterred the same day counts as an "absence" in terms of listing it, if it doesn't in terms days outside the UK.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri May 25, 2018 5:59 pm

No it's not an absence yet a movement in and out of country .... Would not count as an absence but part of your travel history anyway.

You can write to them on the address from AN guidance notes.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 25, 2018 6:00 pm

The day trip won't count, as you need to ignore out and return days, in this case it happen both on the same day!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

NicholasWest
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by NicholasWest » Fri May 25, 2018 6:24 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:00 pm
The day trip won't count, as you need to ignore out and return days, in this case it happen both on the same day!
Yes, I understand the day trip doesn't count in terms of "days absent", but I'm just unclear if I have to report it anyway.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:21 pm

No - and one day isn't a material omission or misstatement.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

englishrose198
India

Post by englishrose198 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Not required in my view.
Anyways you can always send a letter for your peace of mind.

NicholasWest
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by NicholasWest » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:13 pm

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll just send a letter advising them of the single day trip for my own peace of mind.

Another question...Royal Mail tracking indicates the Home Office has received my application, but I haven't gotten an acknowledgement letter, and in fact they haven't even debited the funds yet. Is it OK to send a letter now even though I don't have any kind of reference number or the application apparently isn't even in the system yet?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:12 pm

I would wait until you have a reference number.

NicholasWest
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by NicholasWest » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:48 pm

I finally got my naturalisation case number, and I'm planning on sending a letter updating my application to include the one day trip I took to France.

Again, I know since I left and came back the same day, it doesn't count as a "whole day" absence, but I want to disclose it just for completeness sake. My only question is, does anyone know if by sending a letter supplementing my application I'll be "gumming up the works"...i.e. having it sent to another department for further review, etc. Since I'm not even sure providing this information is essential, I'm just wondering if by sending the letter I'll be delaying my application?

Thanks all!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:22 pm

There are differing opinion on this - some say just provide the absolute necessary - others say submit as much as possible. I don't think you will be penalised for providing more, but it can always generate more questions and therefore delay. Just my 2p's worth I have picked up working in a large company.

NicholasWest
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by NicholasWest » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:10 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:22 pm
There are differing opinion on this - some say just provide the absolute necessary - others say submit as much as possible. I don't think you will be penalised for providing more, but it can always generate more questions and therefore delay. Just my 2p's worth I have picked up working in a large company.
Thank you.

If I do wish to supplant my application, can I just email them and include my reference number? The only email address I've seen in nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.uk. But I'm not sure if this email can be used regarding applications.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:37 pm

It is never late if you have not got decision. I sent two covering letters after sending original app.

From experience , Send letter in guaranteed next day , Just recorded delivery is not 100% sure letter will be delivered next day. It takes 5-10 days to reach the letter to case worker because file moves from person to person for different reasons.
Khurram

NicholasWest
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by NicholasWest » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:18 pm

Khurram545 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:37 pm
It is never late if you have not got decision. I sent two covering letters after sending original app.

From experience , Send letter in guaranteed next day , Just recorded delivery is not 100% sure letter will be delivered next day. It takes 5-10 days to reach the letter to case worker because file moves from person to person for different reasons.
Thank you! This is just the information I was looking for. I sent a letter which was signed for the next day.

Just curious, how do you know it took 5-10 days to reach the caseworker? Did you receive some kind of acknowledgment of your letters?

Cheers.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:27 pm

NicholasWest wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:18 pm
Khurram545 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:37 pm

Thank you! This is just the information I was looking for. I sent a letter which was signed for the next day.

Just curious, how do you know it took 5-10 days to reach the caseworker? Did you receive some kind of acknowledgment of your letters?

Cheers.

best to use Guaranteed next day , signed for recorded delivery is not sure that will be delivered next day

important Letters I sent to HMPO reached in 3 days...
Khurram