ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 Dependent ILR requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alex218
Newly Registered
Barbados

T2 Dependent ILR requirements

Post by Alex218 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:08 am

Hi guys,

I am on T2 G visa and will be eligible for ILR in July 18. My wife is on T2 (G) and will be eligible for ILR in Dec 19 (i.e. that is when she will complete 5 years as T2 G dependent). My questions are:

1) What are the absence limits for T2 G dependents going for ILR? are these same as T2 G applicants (ie no more than 180 days in rolling 12 months)?

2) Once my wife complete her 5 years as T2 G dependent and hopefully gets her ILR, would she then have to wait another 12 months for passport as she will be coming from T2 G / PBS route or would she be eligible to apply for passport straightway as spouse of BC (as assuming all goes well with my own applications, i'll be eligible for BC by then give or take a couple of months)?

3) We have a 2 year old child (born in the UK). As i understand she will be eligible to be registered as BC under via form MN1? Anyone knows how long that process takes usually? does it work like other PBS appointments at home office ie can i get a same day appointment for her registration and british passport?

4) We have another baby on way but birth is expected after i get my ILR. Can he go directly for British Passport (or would require a registration first) as hopefully by then i'll have my ILR? if so what is the procedure for that?

many thanks in advance.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: T2 Dependent ILR requirements

Post by dontringthebell » Sat May 26, 2018 8:13 am

Alex218 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:08 am
Hi guys,

I am on T2 G visa and will be eligible for ILR in July 18. My wife is on T2 (G) and will be eligible for ILR in Dec 19 (i.e. that is when she will complete 5 years as T2 G dependent). My questions are:

1) What are the absence limits for T2 G dependents going for ILR? are these same as T2 G applicants (ie no more than 180 days in rolling 12 months)? yes

2) Once my wife complete her 5 years as T2 G dependent and hopefully gets her ILR, would she then have to wait another 12 months for passport as she will be coming from T2 G / PBS route or would she be eligible to apply for passport straightway as spouse of BC (as assuming all goes well with my own applications, i'll be eligible for BC by then give or take a couple of months)? First naturalise then passport

3) We have a 2 year old child (born in the UK). As i understand she will be eligible to be registered as BC under via form MN1? yes Anyone knows how long that process takes usually? does it work like other PBS appointments at home office ie can i get a same day appointment for her registration and british passport? 6 months max, naturalization and registration applications are not in person only through NCS/ online

4) We have another baby on way but birth is expected after i get my ILR. Can he go directly for British Passport (or would require a registration first) as hopefully by then i'll have my ILR? if so what is the procedure for that? no you need to register first

many thanks in advance.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Sat May 26, 2018 8:20 am

Correction to last point :https://www.gov.uk/register-british-cit ... after-1983 check here for the last point you don't need to register and can directly apply for passport online/post to HMPO
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

Alex218
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by Alex218 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:46 pm

Thank you!