ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maatcha
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Questions about BRP

Post by maatcha » Sat May 26, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi guys,

Here's some background information: I'm an international student on a Tier 4 visa and I was travelling in Spain during the Easter holidays when my BRP got stolen. I submitted my application for a replacement BRP on 11 May and I'm waiting for the biometric letter to arrive.

However, I have some questions. I need to travel back home urgently in June, so I won't be in the UK to receive my BRP. I called my school and they said they can send an email to the home office to change my delivery address as I have a family friend living in London who can help me receive it and courier it to Singapore. I need the BRP to enter the UK in September to continue my uni course.

So my first question is: Will the courier need to check his ID? If they do check his ID, will they allow him to receive it on my behalf?

My second question: Will the courier provide any tracking updates or send him an SMS/call him when they are delivering? If that is the case, I have to change my contact number to his as well, since I won't be around.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate any advice that can be given!