ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS registration tourist visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

namastelondon

NHS registration tourist visa

Post by namastelondon » Sat May 26, 2018 8:32 pm

My mom has been a regular visitor to UK. She is on 10 year visitor visa now.

I have moved to a new GP and asked them about the process for visitors. They told me that I can get her registered as she comes regularly.

I am also fine for paying for her GP/Nurse visit. I went to GP again today asking if I need to pay and what are the fees etc. He is saying that she is registered and we do not charge.

Is it GP specific that they should charge or not?

She has not taken any appointment yet.

FXR_1340
Member of Standing

Re: NHS registration tourist visa

Post by FXR_1340 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:08 pm

Surely it can only be UK citizens and those with appropriate visas (having paid IHS) who can access the NHS? Seems only reasonable that if you pay in to the system then you can have access to it. It woul then follow if you dont pay in to it then you cant get access.

Of course maybe the GP is saying registration is possible but each consultation or treatment will require payment?

honey2008

Re: NHS registration tourist visa

Post by honey2008 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:17 am

Hi,

You don't need to have her registered. She is here on max 6 Month's stay. She will get her medical treatment in case of need BUT you have to pay it .

My Mother in law was here ...she was treated to for suspected fracture and I paid for the x-ray etc. NHS did not contacted me after she had her treatment. I being a sponsor contacted them after the treatment and they sent me the bills and I paid as we are expected to do.....!!!

Hope it helps...

Ta
Honey