ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entering UK during EEA(FM) Application Processing

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bright_eyes_89
Newly Registered
Canada

Re-entering UK during EEA(FM) Application Processing

Post by bright_eyes_89 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:52 pm

Hi there, my husband (EEA-QP) and I (Non-EEA) will be applying for a registration certificate and residence card and I have a question about leaving and re-entering the UK while the application is being processed. We plan to apply online and then use the local passport return service so that we keep our passports. We plan to apply and then have our passports validated at the end of this week (2 June- our passport return service only has hours on Fridays). My husband has had to renew his passport in his home country and the logistics of getting the new one sent here has taken longer than we expected! We'll then will be traveling to the US at the end of June- we fly out 20 June and return 1 July.

My concern is that, as far as I understand, my current BRP (Tier 5 Youth Mobility) will be sent away with the other supporting documents and it's unlikely that I'll get the COA by the time we leave. So when I re-enter, will I have trouble to prove my right to work in the UK? We plan to bring along a copy of our application and all supporting documents including the marriage certificate- will that suffice to get through the UK border? My understanding is that it should be, since we'll be able to show that my husband is exercising his treaty rights and we are in a valid, lasting relationship, but I know that some people in similar situations have been hassled and I'm nervous about being forced to enter as a tourist.

Any experience or advice about entering the UK in a similar situation would be most appreciated! Thank you!

_hmld_
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Re-entering UK during EEA(FM) Application Processing

Post by _hmld_ » Wed May 30, 2018 10:59 pm

Same problem here.

Submitted my application and need to travel in June. I have another passport which I can use. However, I did have my application passport (where my tier 5 stamped) returned from HO. but the BRP still with them.
For my upcoming travel, I would bring both of the passports and other supporting documents just in case,

But since every time the IO will ask to see the BRP once they saw the stamp in my passport, I am not sure if I would have troubles re-entering without BRP ? If yes -> Would I be able to re-enter with another passport( which is a visa-free country) as a visitor? If yes-> Can I work still? considering my tier-5 visa is still valid. (but I entered with another passport as a visitor)

this is very confusing, :|