ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA EFM Visa and Passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

rjmcguire
Newly Registered
Australia

EEA EFM Visa and Passport

Post by rjmcguire » Wed May 30, 2018 9:18 am

Hi All,

After some advice / assistance on the EEA EFM process. I am Australian citizen on Tier 5 - Youth Mobility visa. My girlfriend who is also Australian, holds an Irish passport. We plan to move to a Spousal/Defacto visa, we have the necessary documents to prove relationship etc.. My visa expires in August 2018. We will submit our application in late July to give us as long as possible in the country in case we are rejected.

I am required to travel for work through Europe and other regions and have begun the process with Australian Home Office in the UK to obtain a concurrent passport. I qualify on the basis of their rules and have obtained a letter from my employer stating need to travel. My question is if the concurrent passport is approved does this give me unrestricted travel entry and exit from the UK whilst my visa application is still pending?

Thanks in advance

Rich

_hmld_
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EEA EFM Visa and Passport

Post by _hmld_ » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:08 pm

Hi Rich,

Just read your post, I was wondering even if you got your concurrent passport to travel later, will you also have the BRP with you? (Cuz I assume the application also holds your BRP too? or if the concurrent passport covers this? )
The reason I asked, as I also try to figure out the re-enter problem under the process of application. I have my passport returned but not the other docs yet.

Thanks for your reply in advance