ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pension Credit refused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

geea02
Newly Registered
Romania

Pension Credit refused

Post by geea02 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:28 am

Hi,

I have a dual nationality - Romanian (by birth) and UK (naturalised in October 2017) - I work and live in the UK with my partner and 2 children. My mother joined us in December 2014. She is a pensioner from Romania, and in 2018 she has reached state pension age and we decided to claim pension credits. Her claim was refused because she wasn't unable to derive her right to reside from me as I am a British Citizen. If I had only Romanian nationality she would have qualified, is that correct? Is that anything I can do to argue DWP decision?

Thank you in advance,

Oana

BIG Dobby
inactive

Re: Pension Credit refused

Post by BIG Dobby » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:32 am

geea02 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:28 am
Hi,

I have a dual nationality - Romanian (by birth) and UK (naturalised in October 2017) - I work and live in the UK with my partner and 2 children. My mother joined us in December 2014. She is a pensioner from Romania, and in 2018 she has reached state pension age and we decided to claim pension credits. Her claim was refused because she wasn't unable to derive her right to reside from me as I am a British Citizen. If I had only Romanian nationality she would have qualified, is that correct? Is that anything I can do to argue DWP decision?

Thank you in advance,

Oana
Following recent court judgement on Lounes vs SSHD, I would say the decision was wrong and needed to be challenged