ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship certificate amendment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lalonde
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Citizenship certificate amendment

Post by Lalonde » Wed May 30, 2018 1:32 pm

In my citizenship approval letter they have stated current name and that at birth. The later was officially changed a long time ago on all documents including current passport and all documentation presented to HO carries current name only. I did put the one at birth in the citizenship application though just to be thorough. I do not want the birth name to appear anywhere as there is no point to it. I have called them a few times and been told to email but no response to emails so far. My ceremony is in under 2 months. Any idea what will happen? Is this likely to go on my British passport as well as citizenship certificate? Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Citizenship certificate amendment

Post by dontringthebell » Wed May 30, 2018 6:25 pm

You could write to them requesting to change the name on their records so as to avoid wrong name on naturalisation certificate.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

Lalonde
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Lalonde » Wed May 30, 2018 9:10 pm

My question was more whether it is common to have a separate name at birth in the naturalisation certificate? They are still including my name now so I cannot say they’ve made a mistake in my details per se. I just don’t see why an irrelevant bit of information such as the name no longer in use will now be included in my naturalisation documents. This is not at all like a Maiden/ married name scenario and extremely frustrating. Does anyone have any similar experience? Is this likely to end up on the new passport too?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:46 am

Yes it is common and many have it included on their certificates.

It won't be included in your British passport though so not sure what your actual concern is as you won't need your naturalisation cert for much if you have a passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.