ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR for Romanian national and her 3-rd country national daughter

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mamadochki
Newly Registered

PR for Romanian national and her 3-rd country national daughter

Post by Mamadochki » Wed May 30, 2018 4:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to apply for a permanent residence and would very much appreciate if someone could help with a couple of questions that I have.

I have dual Romanian and third-country nationality. I have lived in the UK since July 2013.

July 2013 - January 2017 I was running my own company. I was a director of this company and I was paying myself monthly salary via accountant payroll, have all the payslips etc., so I was in a way an employee of my own company. I guess I can also qualify as self-employed as it was my own company.

January 2017 - July 2018 I stopped running my company and had a baby. As soon as I stopped working, in January 2017 I bought full health insurance and still have it, paying for it monthly. During this time, I have been living out of my savings. I guess I could qualify as self-sufficient for this year.

January 2018 - I applied for a standard blue registration certificate for the first time ever (as self-sufficient person) and received it a month later (I needed it for non-immigration purposes).

My questions are:

1. Should I apply for permanent residence as self-employed or as employee of my own company for 2013-2017? There were restrictions for status and rights for Romanians until 2014, but I can't remember details.

2. My daughter was born in March 2017 in the UK. She has a third-country passport only (applying for Romanian paperwork is very time and travel consuming, I will be able to travel to consulate only when she's older). So at the moment, she has an unconfirmed status of a third-country national family member of the EU national. Can I apply for her permanent residence when I'm applying for mine? If not, what status can she have at the moment as a third-country national family member of the EU national? Should I worry about her status as it hasn't been confirmed at all yet?

I would very much appreciate your advice.