ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling employment section

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mf22

Filling employment section

Post by mf22 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi, I got ILR in April 2017 on 10 years basis, I intend to apply British nationality but I am very confuse that how I fill employment section!!
I was on tier 1 entrepreneur before ILR, I was director of my own xyz company but on the other hand I was working as an employee in different company ( legally I was not allowed to work in any other company as an employee but i did due to my financial circumstances ) I leave that company just before ILR.
Still I am director of my own company but not doing any business but the company is still active and currently I am on ESA benefits.
1: what should I mention in current employment section in question 1.45?
( no employment ? or director of the company ? or getting ESA ?) which option is best?

2: unauthorized employment during tier 1 Entrepreneur visa will cause any problem in getting British Nationality ?

i have humble request to all senior members to reply these questions. Kind Regards

mf22

Re: Filling employment section

Post by mf22 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:07 am

I am waiting response from croo1 and other respectable members, please give me some advice. Thanks

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:45 am

Hi mf22,

unauthorized employment during tier 1 Entrepreneur visa will cause any problem in getting British Nationality ?

Yes It can.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

mf22

Post by mf22 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:56 am

Really thanks for your response and what’s your opinion on my other question? Please reply me. Thanks

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:15 am

mf22 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:55 pm
Hi, I got ILR in April 2017 on 10 years basis, I intend to apply British nationality but I am very confuse that how I fill employment section!!
I was on tier 1 entrepreneur before ILR, I was director of my own xyz company but on the other hand I was working as an employee in different company ( legally I was not allowed to work in any other company as an employee but i did due to my financial circumstances ) I leave that company just before ILR.
Still I am director of my own company but not doing any business but the company is still active and currently I am on ESA benefits.
1: what should I mention in current employment section in question 1.45?
( no employment ? or director of the company ? or getting ESA ?) which option is best?

2: unauthorized employment during tier 1 Entrepreneur visa will cause any problem in getting British Nationality ?

i have humble request to all senior members to reply these questions. Kind Regards
HO can access ALL HMRC details. Not being an expert I can only say unauthorised employment could cause you problems. If you were paying IT & NI as an employee that will show in your IT and NI details. So you cannot write no employment. They would probably know you were receiving ESA. Director of company may be used but it would conflict with the terms of your Tier 1 visa.
Very difficult situation.

mf22

Post by mf22 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:27 am

Thanks for your reply.
I can write director of company coz my xyz is still active but I am very confused what I have write in current employment section? Please guide me. Thanks

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:30 am

mf22 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 11:27 am
Thanks for your reply.
I can write director of company coz my xyz is still active but I am very confused what I have write in current employment section? Please guide me. Thanks
Hi mf22

I am afraid i am not aware of ESA rules and eligibility so can not answer the question. Senior members will reply soon.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

mf22

Post by mf22 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Request to seniors members CR001 and others please reply my questions. Thanks

mf22

Post by mf22 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:23 am

Request to senior members that please reply to my questions. Many thanks

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:08 am

mf22 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 11:27 am
Thanks for your reply.
Do you pay tax and NI as director of your company? If no then you would not be considered employed. It would only be a registered company that is not earning any revenue. You would be entitled to ESA which covers NI contribution so you could write ESA rather than any other. Since ESA means you are not working due to disability, I would think that would mean you are covered. Please confirm with some expert.

mf22

Post by mf22 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:49 pm

Thanks very much Ajit1 for your very good reply.
Request to other senior members please reply my two questions. Many thanks

mf22

Post by mf22 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:06 pm

Request to senior members please reply my questions. Many thanks