ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding tickets and BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mlozio
Newly Registered
United States of America

Speeding tickets and BC

Post by Mlozio » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:44 pm

Hello, and thank you in advance for any info. I will soon be eligible to apply for citizenship but am unsure about how speeding tickets affect my application. My last speeding ticket was in the US in 2011, and I have had a total of 5 going back to 1998. I haven’t had anything since living in the UK, and after reading advice there’s no specific number to causes an immediate refusal. I am unsure if this would fail the good character test, and I am hoping that my profession etc..., will help if there are any questions. Any advice? Thanks

TheRock9
Mood:

Re: Speeding tickets and BC

Post by TheRock9 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Hi,

You should not worry about one off speeding ticket. Unless it is a regular occurrence. In your case you should be fine.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

englishrose198
India

Post by englishrose198 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:13 pm

You don't need to worry I would say.(From my experience)

Bakes25
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Bakes25 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:45 am

HEy guys, I have also had one speeding ticket however it’s gone to court. I have a Chance to plead guilty and not make a court appearance however my punishment will still be decided by the magistrates. Will that affect my application?